Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    If i remember correctly, its a wire harness that ends with a 4pin connector. It should be near the top, right hand side(looking from the back of the machine), just below the document feeder. You may need to take off the back cover and the top cover. You'll not find a reference to it in the service manual, except on the schematic, but that doesn't give you a physical location.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I found the wire with the 4 pin connector it and the jumper was installed. I tried taking it off and putting it back on and still get the Insert key counter message.

Technician

di850

I can't find the jumper exactly where is it. What is it near. On what board. I looked int he service manual and couldn't find anything about it.
    send a picture of the machine di850
    please where is the connector
    I do with this connector
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tony_218; 03-18-2009 at 04:02 AM. Reason: di850

Technician

Re: BizHub 1050 with Please insert key counter message

Its old but i have the same problem, anyone can help me? if possible with pictures, thanks anyway.

Technician

Old thread... Very hard to find the damn thing! Hope other won't have problems in the future... Here are pictures of the wire with the jumper.image.jpgimage.jpg

Please what do i do with the jumper, Is it to completely remove it or fix it somewhere, i have the issue on C5501
    Last edited by Profat; 11-11-2019 at 03:05 PM. Reason: clearity

Senior Tech 100+ Posts oldschool's Avatar

Wow this is an old thread. The information is a bit outdated for newer models. Now a days there is a service mode setting to turn on/off the key counter option. I don't have any details on accessing the service modes. How to bring up the built in billing menu should be in your field service guide.

To answer your question, When the jumper was in place the copier was ready, once removed, the insert key counter message appeared but like I said, machines don't usually work that way anymore. The last few models I've seen didn't have a jumper installed at all. They've had a dummy plug with out a jumper on the end. It's only there to protect the end of the connector.

Also, the key counter connector pictured above may be pinned out differently for the C5501. Verify this with the general circuit diagram before attempting to install a jumper.
    Last edited by oldschool; 11-15-2019 at 03:06 PM. Reason: added pinout warning
    Jamex Tech Support: Saving the world one phone call at a time.