Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Hanged IC 413 on a Bizhub pro C6000L - displays AA code, new OS install needed?

Hello everyone and thank you in advance for your time. I have been using a Bizhub pro C 6000L machine for infrequent book printing (I am running a micro publishing house) for about 6 months now, and it's been working pretty well so far. Last time, however, I've had a power outage and since then Fiery displays an AA code, and I can't connect to it from the network or do pretty much anything with the whole rig as well.

So I am wondering if a fresh install of an OS image from an usb key would bring it back to life? I tried looking on dowload sections from konica and efi, but couldn't find what I need - currently the IC has a version of Windows XP (V 1.0), but as I understand, it's also possible to install Windows 7 on this controller (V1.1)?

So, I was wondering if anyone from this forum would be kind enough to point me in the direction of where I could download this piece of software, or perhaps enlighten me with some other solution I don't yet know about?

Again, thanks to anyone who takes time to read my call for help

Sabina

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Re: Hanged IC 413 on a Bizhub pro C6000L - displays AA code, new OS install needed?

you cannot install the win7 version without a paid bios and ram upgrade.
    i have the xp version however i only share with contributors though as id like to see this site self supporting one day without the ads and elements.
    also with the decade of experience i have with this fiery, id just replace the fiery HDD and install ver 1.0
    AA issues for me if i just try reinstalling the system software ive seen a 50% fail rate. just wipe a 250 or 320g hdd of all the partitions the copier made or even a new hdd works best without all the hassle of prepping a used one.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Re: Hanged IC 413 on a Bizhub pro C6000L - displays AA code, new OS install needed?

sent you a happy PM.

thanks for contributing!!

Hello,

thanks for the PM with the image!

OK, so I installed the version 1.0 in a new drive, and it seems it went well, displays 00 code, can connect to it through Command Workstation over the network, however it hangs on the message 'Establishing serial connection', can't connect to it through machine display ('Controller not connected'), still can't print anything.

So I read some more and found out other have had a similar problem, apparently I need to install a '1-18 LDJR' patch to finally get it working. Is this correct? Does anyone have a file with this patch and the correct procedure for patching?

Again,
    much appreciated!

maybe the interface cable is bad.

Success! After applying the patch, Fiery reconnected to the machine and we're back in business. Thanks for your support.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Any time I have to replace a hard drive in a Fiery I always put in a SSD . A lot more reliable and boots faster

i guess SSDs are more reasonably priced now, ive been very lucky that i have access to used lease return HDDs.
    i take em home, remove all the partitions and bag them for future use.

lol, a 320 Gb HDD sure beats the 80 gig in most fierys.
    havent tried an SSD on a fiery yet, i was too afraid the old bios wont recognize a modern example of tech.
    10 years ago or so manufacturers scrambled to write new motherboard bios's to accommodate SSD tech.
    i just assumed EFI wouldnt bother unless fierys left the factory with them.
    learning every day!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    i guess SSDs are more reasonably priced now, ive been very lucky that i have access to used lease return HDDs.
    i take em home, remove all the partitions and bag them for future use.

lol, a 320 Gb HDD sure beats the 80 gig in most fierys.
    havent tried an SSD on a fiery yet, i was too afraid the old bios wont recognize a modern example of tech.
    10 years ago or so manufacturers scrambled to write new motherboard bios's to accommodate SSD tech.
    i just assumed EFI wouldnt bother unless fierys left the factory with them.
    learning every day!

Yeah you can pick up a 500g SSD for around $60.00. The new fierys now come with a 500g sata drive