Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Technician

Question Reseting CE Password of C284e

DISCLAIMER: I am not a trained printer technician.

I got a used Konica Minolta MFP 2 years ago and we are pretty happy with it. We currently have the problem that it always has a paper jam with the code 11-01 when printing.
    I called the old service organisation which did the maintenance in the past for this printer. They took a look at it but said it's not worth repairing and that I should just get a new printer.

I then started trying to solve the issue myself. I downloaded the service manual and started taking apart the printer. I think I found the source of the error, I think it is the clutch CL4.
    Before I order the replacement part, I wanted to do a load test which is described in the service manual. But I then found out, that the old service provider put a custom CE password in place which they don't want to provide me.

I looked in the forum for a solution. I found the reset tool, but I don't really want to reinstall the firmware and configure the printer from scratch, especially because I do not have experience with it. Can somebody help me out here and generate a reset token for me in the Konica Minolta portal?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Reseting CE Password of C284e

Re: Reseting CE Password of C284e

Quote Originally Posted by printerNoob View Post

I got a used Konica Minolta MFP 2 years ago and we are pretty happy with it. We currently have the problem that it always has a paper jam with the code 11-01 when printing.
    I called the old service organisation which did the maintenance in the past for this printer. They took a look at it but said it's not worth repairing and that I should just get a new printer.

I then started trying to solve the issue myself. I downloaded the service manual and started taking apart the printer. I think I found the source of the error, I think it is the clutch CL4.
    Before I order the replacement part, I wanted to do a load test which is described in the service manual. But I then found out, that the old service provider put a custom CE password in place which they don't want to provide me.

I looked in the forum for a solution. I found the reset tool, but I don't really want to reinstall the firmware and configure the printer from scratch, especially because I do not have experience with it. Can somebody help me out here and generate a reset token for me in the Konica Minolta portal?

This isn't much help but I don't recall load checks being able to help much with clutches. All it does is supply power clicking them on and off, which doesn't help with determining their strength, and especially doesn't work well with registration jams which tend to be timing related.

However, a good way I've found to test a clutch is to soak it in alcohol then blow it out. Itll only work as a temporary fix but should be enough for you to know whether or not its the culprit.

The code doesn't necessarily point to anything else in T1, but another very quick test is swapping the rollers, torque limiter and oneways between T1 and T2. Take a photo before you do it, because there is correct positions for each part. You should have 3 white clips for each tray, and everything that can be removed after that clip can be swapped over. Including clips thats 9 pieces per tray.

I'm no longer employed in this industry so can't offer you a reset token, but you might have trouble finding someone in this forum to do that regardless. I imagine most of us are pro right-to-break/repair which is why I'm offering that info but I think service mode pushes it for a lot

Best of luck

Edit: Also reach out to a different service company. Unless you told me this machine was reaching a couple mil count its not even close to being worth replacing. Its only 2 generations back and is not slated for EOL for a few years

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

did you try all the usual passwords, "9272927292729272", "12345678", "00000000", "92729272"

I can tell you there is no need to test CL4, it is very common for them to go bad. Just order and replace it. Follow procedure in service manual.

check also the actuator

Under the registration roller there is a sensor (you'll have to take all that assembly out and the transfer belt). Check if it's dirty, clean the actuator and slightly bend it's spring so it will put a litle more pressure on it. Also, change the CL4 as you stated (had a lot of them changed after 3-4 years of service). Check and clean behind the actuator for the sensor over the transfer roller, and the places where it rotates (they tend to accumulate dirt and get stuck for a fraction of a second, enough to scramble the timing which is very tight for tray1).
    About the CE pass reset, I don't think you will get any other option than the reset and firmware rewrite. The CE pass is changed by whoever has a maintenance contract to protect themselves against unauthorized acces but they should reset to default when the contract expires. So get again in touch to the company that had the maintenance contract and explain that they are legally obliged since the machine is yours and not rented.
    Last step, do the reset firmware, then the firmware update. Use a mass production firmware (any release should do, just not use special firmware). If you need to know how to do it, just ask.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Firstly does it only jam from one paper tray? Try feeding from the others AND the bypass.
    if it only jams from one tray then you may simply only need to replace the tray feed rollers.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Follow tmmdmmm advice more likely you need new set of rollers/clutch/oneways.
    As per CE pass don't use reset tool unless it's
    unavoidably.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

Thank you a lot for your help guys! I think I already got more than I asked for
    I will try out your suggestions and come back if it worked or when I need more help. It gave me quite some confidence seeing that I was heading in the right direction.
    I will try to replace the roller CL4 first.

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    did you try all the usual passwords, "9272927292729272", "12345678", "00000000", "92729272"
    Yes I tried these passwords already and some more but they all didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Firstly does it only jam from one paper tray? Try feeding from the others AND the bypass.
    if it only jams from one tray then you may simply only need to replace the tray feed rollers.
    I tested it from multiple paper trays and it happens from all trays. And the paper is always stopped in the registration section. If I move the roller manually the paper gets moved up. The paper is right at the beginning of the registration section, it's like the roller didn't even start rolling, because of that I think it has to be CL4.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Follow tmmdmmm advice more likely you need new set of rollers/clutch/oneways.
    As per CE pass don't use reset tool unless it's
    unavoidably.
    Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me what exactly is a "oneway"? I don't see it mentioned in the service manual or any diagrams.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

the little black collers that touch the roller that only spin one way (hopefully)
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

It's called clutch in parts list, there are 2 of them for tray one behind pick and another behind feed rollers.
    If it jams all trays then registration is involved, check sensor, spring and actuator as well with timing rolls(registration) bushings they can seize causing all sort of jams.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

For the CE pass use 5624 + last 4 digits from the ser num. Good luck!