Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

C451 Tabs in Admin settings are missing

I think I might be in a bit of trouble!

I am running Command Workstation on my iMac running Mac OS 10.6.8 and linked to my Konica Minolta Bizhub C451.

The Command Workstation software kept saying the IP address was wrong so I tried to sort the IP address and change it on the machine but think I have messed it up!

The IP address I have always used is 192.168.1.198 but when I checked the IP address on the machine it had 192.168.1.217 in the IP setting in administrator settings. I had tried the 192.168.1.217 in Command Workstation and that would not connect, so I changed it back - I have since lost tabs 3 and 5 and 8 from the UTILITY/COUNTER - ADMINISTRATOR settings.

I cannot print to the machine normally either as it says it cannot be found on the network.

Please, can anyone offer any help.

I am pretty desperate now

Barney

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: C451 Tabs in Admin settings are missing

Admin Tabs will not be available if a job is present..disconnect any network cables, power cycle the machine. The Fiery, or emperon may be seeing a waiting job prior to admin settings coming up. In a typical setup, the MFP IP is Fiery +1. E

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

just use the fiery server search button, see if/what it finds.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks so much for the help.

So I have disconnectted all Ethernet network Cables; shut down and restarted the machine but still has the same issue.

Just wondering if its possible to reset the fiery to its original settings to see if that might brin it back.

Barney

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    just use the fiery server search button, see if/what it finds.
    I think yu are thonking to search within the Workstation software.

Problem is the Command Workstation asks for an IP address to add the fiery before it will go any further when opening up and as I cannot connect it simply closes down.

B

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

there is a magnifying glass or a + sign to search, no need to enter IP
    also to hook up to that old ass fiery you need CWS 5 or before. the new versions dont even see old fierys.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

The next step would be to eliminate the comtroller as the problem..Disable it in service mode, then reboot device with MFP cabled to a ethernet port in the wall (assuming you run DHCP). If the Fiery is bad and the device is waiting on it to respond then who knows how long before you get some kind of error. Also, what are the 2 LEDs on the Fiery showing? E

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    The next step would be to eliminate the comtroller as the problem..Disable it in service mode, then reboot device with MFP cabled to a ethernet port in the wall (assuming you run DHCP). If the Fiery is bad and the device is waiting on it to respond then who knows how long before you get some kind of error. Also, what are the 2 LEDs on the Fiery showing? E

Thank 6ou for your help with this.

I am not that techno savvy with the service mode commands and would appreciate step by step guidance how to disable the controller in service mode, Lao what do you mean by the abbreviation MFP?

I have an Ethernet hub and one cable is connected to the fiery st the bottom where it says ‘lab’ or ‘copier’ (I am using the copier connection) and another connected to the top socket.

Am I right is thinking to disconnect the controller and just connect Ethernet to the top connection?

I’ll give that a try but would really appreciate how to disable it in service mode.

please forgive my seemingly ignorance but this is an area that I have not elves into before. I am a graphic designer (retired) and use the copier in my home office to do charity work so I am a little bit desperate to get this sorted.

thanks again

Barney

MFP=the copier, What do the Fiery LEDs show? Sorry, there may be a tech out there that needs work. I can offer you suggestions, but if you are an end user you should get a trained tech out there. This is not a DIY website. E

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: C451 Tabs in Admin settings are missin

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    MFP=the copier, What do the Fiery LEDs show? Sorry, there may be a tech out there that needs work. I can offer you suggestions, but if you are an end user you should get a trained tech out there. This is not a DIY website. E

the LED count up to 00 as they always have.

I need to reset the machine I am thinking.

sorry, thought this was at help board.

I am awaiting a techie call but thought it might have been something I could do.

no worries, I’ll buzz off

B