Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician

Re: Accuriopress C4070 - IC-609-Connection issue(controller unconnected)

Quote Originally Posted by subhan View Post
    Thank you, will load this firmware shortly then keep you posted
    I downloaded the firmware, but I'm not able to load it into the machine as the controller shows unconnected, even after several restarts it does not reach to "now initializing" state for me to update the firmware in ISW.

Is there any way to establish the connection between the machine and the controller

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Accuriopress C4070 -  IC-609-Connection issue(controller unconnected)

check bit switches?

bit switch
    4 0 ISW recovering mode of the KM controller · Function: When the firmware of the KM controller is abnormal, you may not be able to perform ISW of the KM controller. This DIPSW changes the controls of the main body and the KM controller to enable ISW of the KM controller. · Usage: When you cannot perform ISW of the KM controller, reboot the main body and the controller, and then perform ISW again. If you still cannot perform ISW, perform ISW in the ISW recovering mode.<Procedure of the ISW recovering mode>1. Check that the main body and the KMcontroller are activated.2. Change DIPSW4-0 to "1".3. Open the ISW screen.Note· Do not reboot the main body and the KM controller between the step 2 and the step 3.4. Press any one of [P0] to [P5], and then press[Yes] on a pop-up screen for rebooting.5. After rebooting, perform ISW of the KMcontroller in the same procedure as thenormal ISW.

0: Normal• 1: ISW recovering mode
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    check bit switches?

bit switch
    4 0 ISW recovering mode of the KM controller · Function: When the firmware of the KM controller is abnormal, you may not be able to perform ISW of the KM controller. This DIPSW changes the controls of the main body and the KM controller to enable ISW of the KM controller. · Usage: When you cannot perform ISW of the KM controller, reboot the main body and the controller, and then perform ISW again. If you still cannot perform ISW, perform ISW in the ISW recovering mode.<Procedure of the ISW recovering mode>1. Check that the main body and the KMcontroller are activated.2. Change DIPSW4-0 to "1".3. Open the ISW screen.Note· Do not reboot the main body and the KM controller between the step 2 and the step 3.4. Press any one of [P0] to [P5], and then press[Yes] on a pop-up screen for rebooting.5. After rebooting, perform ISW of the KMcontroller in the same procedure as thenormal ISW.

0: Normal• 1: ISW recovering mode
    I have tried as per the above direction, but even after enabling the recovery mode (DIPSW 4:0 to 1), ISW mode does not highlight the P0 to P5 to press in recovery options. pls see the attached image I have taken while doing this
    Attached Images Attached Images

double check the wiring between controller and body. and the interface board if any.
    was a hdd changed or formatted?

dont you have to highlight usb isw first so it sees what s on the stick that is able to be installed?

also i would repeat the procedure a couple times.

Technician

double check the wiring between controller and body. and the interface board if any.
    was a hdd changed or formatted?

dont you have to highlight usb isw first so it sees what s on the stick that is able to be installed?

also i would repeat the procedure a couple times.
    The wires were replaced with new 1GB patch cord also new a display cable
    As the machine was down for more then 3 weeks customer reached out to another technician who asked him to format the HDD using the computer, which they did it without my knowledge, when I went back they told me.
    also I repeated this several times, it wasn’t coming up, would like to know if there anyway of connecting monitors to the controller to see the boot screen.

wait, i think there is a bit switch or something to re-enable the hdd after a format or something.
    lemme look.

Problem
    Unable to print or controller not recognized with the IC-610/IC609/IC-607 after formatting the HDD.

Solution
    CAUSE: Version mismatch between Controller firmware (P) and Engine firmware (C,I,W)

SOLUTION: Downgrade "Engine" firmware (C,I,W) to the matching older version of "Controller" firmware (P) then upgrade firmware following either upgrade method below:

1. Use "Package ISW" to apply the latest version of "Controller" (P) and "Engine" (C,I,W) firmware at the same time.

2. Use "USB Memory ISW" to individually update "Controller" (P) and "Engine" (C,I,W) firmware. (Order of firmware install does not matter)
    Note: Be sure to update each firmware to the latest level before rebooting machine.

Technician

wait, i think there is a bit switch or something to re-enable the hdd after a format or something.
    lemme look.

Problem
    Unable to print or controller not recognized with the IC-610/IC609/IC-607 after formatting the HDD.

Solution
    CAUSE: Version mismatch between Controller firmware (P) and Engine firmware (C,I,W)

SOLUTION: Downgrade "Engine" firmware (C,I,W) to the matching older version of "Controller" firmware (P) then upgrade firmware following either upgrade method below:

1. Use "Package ISW" to apply the latest version of "Controller" (P) and "Engine" (C,I,W) firmware at the same time.

2. Use "USB Memory ISW" to individually update "Controller" (P) and "Engine" (C,I,W) firmware. (Order of firmware install does not matter)
    Note: Be sure to update each firmware to the latest level before rebooting machine.

Initially, the machine had g00 20, so I downloaded and downgraded the firmware to g00 20, but there was no sign of a connection, then I tried the controller recovery option DIPSW 4.0 t0 1 but it was the same result, then upgraded to g00 30 still no change.

what I noticed is whenever we turn on the controller there is a beep sound 3 times as if it has some error on the boot screen, but the controller does not have the monitor option to look at the boot screen, so couldn't identify the issue.

id pop off the controller cover just to make sure the CPU heatsink is firmly mounted and both HDDs are spinning up.

Technician

id pop off the controller cover just to make sure the CPU heatsink is firmly mounted and both HDDs are spinning up.
    All this has been done from the beginning, in fact, the controller cover is still open, today I even reformatted HDD to RAW and installed and tested it,

As I said earlier if I could connect a monitor to this controller we can see the exact issue. because the beep sound from the controller while restarting is not normal

RAW is not partitioned or formatted, i dont have access to the 609 service manual.
    not sure what steps need to be done upon replacement of HDD.
    i found this though, dunno if it would help?

CAUSE: IC609 is enabled during update process.
    SOLUTION: Perform the following.
    1. Set DIPSW 40-7 = 0.
    2. Reboot the engine and the controller.
    3. Update the IC609 package P0 per the service manual instructions and DLBT file associated with the
    respective FW you are loading.
    Note: This specific ISW download error is not located within the service manual.