Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Konica Minolta 650i - Default Tray

I have a Konica Minolta 650i MFP and every time I print a document such as an email with auto tray selection selected, it prints to tray 2, which hold the 24lb paper. My intention is to print these types of documents on tray 1, just plain 20lb paper. I have been through the settings but have not found the setting that is making a difference. Both trays are 8x11, tray 1 is plain paper and tray 2 is paper +.

Any help is appreciated.

James

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Re: Konica Minolta 650i - Default Tray

Check the auto tray selection and tray priority settings in the copier settings menus. Make sure both tray 1 and 2 are enabled for auto tray selection, and that in the priority settings tray 1 is the first tray on the list.

If that is correct, then the next thing to check would be to makes sure that your print driver isn't called for a paper type other than Plain Paper.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...