Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    konica minolta c364e toner not adding

randomly. this machine ran out of magenta toner yesterday and the customer added a bottle.. it never recovered.. so today I went in and took a fresh bottle
    and it just wont work.. it wont code out either which is odd.. it just simply states to add magenta toner.. we have it set for black and white copies only for now
    just was curious if yall have ran into this ? thank you so much

brent

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Re: konica minolta c364e toner not adding

Next steps would be to make sure the toner bottle is turning when it tries to add toner. After that I'd vacuum out the hopper for magenta and make sure the the mylar paddles in the hopper are turning when it tries to add toner. There is an issue with this line of machines where toner can leak into the small white cap/bushing on the front of the toner hopper assembly which then binds up the auger system that adds the toner to the development unit.

The small white caps I'm referring to can be seen on the lower section of the assembly in this reference image:

116862_oem_1.jpg
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    Next steps would be to make sure the toner bottle is turning when it tries to add toner. After that I'd vacuum out the hopper for magenta and make sure the the mylar paddles in the hopper are turning when it tries to add toner. There is an issue with this line of machines where toner can leak into the small white cap/bushing on the front of the toner hopper assembly which then binds up the auger system that adds the toner to the development unit.

The small white caps I'm referring to can be seen on the lower section of the assembly in this reference image:

116862_oem_1.jpg
    All of this. Once I have to replace whole toner hopper for that problem though.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post

116862_oem_1.jpg
    All of this. Additionally, check the sensor at the bottom of the sub hopper and make sure it isn't gunked up. Sometimes that'll cause the toner not to replenish into the hopper. Usually easy to see because if you open the gate on the hopper it will be empty. Also check the drum and see if it looks like it's not getting a charge which can cause the machine to eat toner as fast as it replenishes. This is usually really easy to spot because the waste exit of the drum will have a ton of toner on it, and if you check the waste tank it'll be full of that particular color of toner.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

thanks everyone. I unlimately had to replace the toner sub hopper assy. it only took an hour. nothing visibly was wrong with the other one. but its all swapped out and toners were adding.. thanks all

brent

Old Tech

I know this is a bit of an old thread, but does it not code 255? when this starts?