Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    KM 364e Wont power up

KM 364e Wont power up

Hello all,

Here is my info I have a KM 364e that will beep once on main power switch on then after a couple seconds cycle all copier Drive funtions with the first half tone screen in display. Then it dies driving and screen dies and beeps every 10 seconds or so. I have used the Manual and gone there. I disconnected the HDD to see if it would boot but no, I can feel it spinning. I put another Ram in no good.

I don't have a spare MFP PCB unit at the moment but I read on another forum where one man installed one but no luck either. I also read I could not put a used board in with the SDD thats in that unit also. Im in the process of getting a couple others for parts. I also know the process to order an sdd is complicated for a non dealer. Although if i get a used unit with its sdd in it then it sounds like I can put that in.

Here is a question someone may be able to help me with along with the above. the red D710 beside the chip does not light up and I saw on another unit the d708/d709/and d710 are lit when the machine comes to ready all red. I searched the manual as thorough as i could with search control F on. It will not find a D710 led indicator by the chip on the mfp board in the search and when i search the MFP i get over 1000 hits i tried to look though didn't see it if im blind let me know.

Let me know if you Konica Techs think In on the right track. Thanks All !!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: KM 364e Wont power up

Can you try firmware update? There is also reset firmware for these. If no good luck with firmware that leaves only SSD and MFP board. I have heard guys are using used SSDs but we can order new ones and they are cheap so never tested that. Should you need firmware just drop me PM.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I seem to remember I had one like this and it turned out to be the print control board.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    KM 364e Wont power up

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Can you try firmware update? There is also reset firmware for these. If no good luck with firmware that leaves only SSD and MFP board. I have heard guys are using used SSDs but we can order new ones and they are cheap so never tested that. Should you need firmware just drop me PM.

Hi TSB Service I can get firmware although can I install it in just a Boot Mode by turning unit on in a with thumb drive in certain Port, Also does the thumb drive have to be below 2G as in adding the movie data etc...

Thanks for this info..

Quote Originally Posted by 40yearsplus View Post
    Hi TSB Service I can get firmware although can I install it in just a Boot Mode by turning unit on in a with thumb drive in certain Port, Also does the thumb drive have to be below 2G as in adding the movie data etc...

Thanks for this info..
    Yes you should be able normally and yes small sticks are preferred on this series
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    KM 364e Wont power up

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Yes you should be able normally and yes small sticks are preferred on this series
    Thanks TSB will try that ! Also the man who said print control board this is the mfp board the ncu is hard soldered too.

Thanks Ill update this when i get back they have a xerox small loaner now .

Quote Originally Posted by 40yearsplus View Post
    Thanks TSB will try that ! Also the man who said print control board this is the mfp board the ncu is hard soldered too.

Thanks Ill update this when i get back they have a xerox small loaner now .
    Hi, tech51 means PRCB which in this model is different board from main board (MFPB). Word of caution - don't swap too many boards at the same time or you can brick the machine(which is somehow funny as it's already bricked anyway).

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

I had a little bit of a hard time following your initial post as far as what is going on exactly. It sounds like the machine partially boots and then just dies completely, with screen going blank, etc.?

A thought I had was to try booting the machine with the front and right side access doors open. The theory here is to prevent the fuser from warming up. Those bulbs create a pretty heavy draw, and if the power supply is weak for some reason, a heavy draw from those bulbs could potentially kill the machine.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...