Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

bizhub 4050i Fax

Had one machine with fax kit installed in which when you try to dial number it gives following message upon input of SECOND digit(it really doesn't matter which number is dialed):

fax.jpg

On this line we have another 4050i with fax which is perfectly working. Comparing admin settings of 2 machines gives nothing different especially there aren't any settings to prohibit sending faxes to certain numbers.
    Initial fax settings were double checked and fax was initialized from service mode. This is remote client so we are working through remote panel not in front of machine if that matters at all.
    I will do Clear All Data eventually but have to ask: does anybody seen this?

TIA
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts davidmtupper's Avatar

Re: bizhub 4050i Fax

You can try exporting the settings from the working one and importing them to the other, at least the USB version of this sets everything except network options so it should set the security as well. Hard to do remotely but you might be able to talk a user through it.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmtupper View Post
    You can try exporting the settings from the working one and importing them to the other, at least the USB version of this sets everything except network options so it should set the security as well. Hard to do remotely but you might be able to talk a user through it.
    Thanks that is good idea, will consider it.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    bizhub 4050i Fax

According to KM knowledge base its a PBX setting. Try this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by strider5555 View Post
    According to KM knowledge base its a PBX setting. Try this.
    It was indeed PBX set to On in Admin menu.
    @strider, much appreciated ��
    Last edited by tsbservice; 02-06-2023 at 05:26 PM.