Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Bizhub C250i restarts

Hi all,

This one is interesting. Low meter machine working without an issues suddenly started to restarts itself after waking up from sleep mode. Problem reproduction 100% -after we putt machine in sleep by pressing power button, put documents on ADF so machine is coming from sleep to life with some slight hesitation next trying to scan to smb and it freezes all the time for a minute then reboots and can happily work till next exit from sleep. No errors, recovery firmware reports OK, self diagnostic OK, firmware updated and functional version set accordingly. What do you think guys, Storage or CPU? Any other thoughts are always welcome and will be greatly appreciated.

TIA
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C250i restarts

No code on "Detail code history" ?? 0x1FFF

If you have a lot of 0x2201900000000100 are firmware failure or CPU board failure.

THRL_DebugFA14Log
    Detail code, Total counter, ADF document passage counter, Date of occurrence
    0x1FFF, 61715, 44291, 2022year 7month 6day 7ur 49minute 19seconds ROM:AA2J0Y0-0100-G00-M2(00), 0x2201900000000100

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Hi all,

This one is interesting. Low meter machine working without an issues suddenly started to restarts itself after waking up from sleep mode. Problem reproduction 100% -after we putt machine in sleep by pressing power button, put documents on ADF so machine is coming from sleep to life with some slight hesitation next trying to scan to smb and it freezes all the time for a minute then reboots and can happily work till next exit from sleep. No errors, recovery firmware reports OK, self diagnostic OK, firmware updated and functional version set accordingly. What do you think guys, Storage or CPU? Any other thoughts are always welcome and will be greatly appreciated.

TIA
    Last edited by and; 02-08-2023 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by and View Post
    No code on "Detail code history" ?? 0x1FFF

If you have a lot of 0x2201900000000100 are firmware failure or CPU board failure.

THRL_DebugFA14Log
    Detail code, Total counter, ADF document passage counter, Date of occurrence
    0x1FFF, 61715, 44291, 2022year 7month 6day 7ur 49minute 19seconds ROM:AA2J0Y0-0100-G00-M2(00), 0x2201900000000100

Yes many 0x1FFF 0x22011900000000100
    Will try Initialize all next step and if that doesn't work maybe it's CPU board.
    Thanks for your input will keep this thread updated.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

We have 2 x C257i with a similar problem, lots of 0x1FFF 0x22011900000000100 codes. When the machine machines enters sleep mode it will restart after about 2 minutes but only when the network cable is connected. Intializing the network settings did not help.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hi all,

TIA

That's pretty sure the CPUB... recovery firmware has never worked for me...

A bit feedback here but nothing exciting.

So far nothing we have done apart from hardware changes(as expected) helped. In our case pulling out network cable doesn't give a different results still hangs/reboots.
    Machine can't be initialized as it reboots by itself before Initialize All finish. Tried trouble reset and system error clear - NG. Tried to format SSD - logical done but no go and physical format couldn't finish as machine reboots at 45%.

Next step CPUB.
    Damn I hate tossing expensive parts in almost new machine.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Post Re: Bizhub C250i restarts

Hello,
    are there any new findings? Have the same with a +450i. I first changed the FW from G00-KJ to GC2-N4, and changed the network speed from Auto to 100FD.
    This helped with similar problems in large networks, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

According to the detail code, I had the problem from the beginning, so it has been 8 months, only now did the customer complain about the restart.
    Greetings Markus

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Bizhub C250i restarts

A bit feedback here but nothing exciting.

So far nothing we have done apart from hardware changes(as expected) helped. In our case pulling out network cable doesn't give a different results still hangs/reboots.
    Machine can't be initialized as it reboots by itself before Initialize All finish. Tried trouble reset and system error clear - NG. Tried to format SSD - logical done but no go and physical format couldn't finish as machine reboots at 45%.

Next step CPUB.
    Damn I hate tossing expensive parts in almost new machine.
    Will Konica Minolta warranty these boards like they did with the 4e series SSD's ?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Will Konica Minolta warranty these boards like they did with the 4e series SSD's ?
    Yes, but there's "no special agreement" for extending the warranty time like they did for the SSDB in the 4e series in some/all(?) regions - failure rate for CPUB is much lower compared to the SSD desaster back then.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B0265 View Post
    We have 2 x C257i with a similar problem, lots of 0x1FFF 0x22011900000000100 codes. When the machine machines enters sleep mode it will restart after about 2 minutes but only when the network cable is connected. Intializing the network settings did not help.
    In this case tray to set "Power Consumption in Sleep Mode" in Disable.