Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Bizhub c550 paper trays changing

Hi Guys help appreciate. I have a Bizhub c550 that has a strange fault .It is configured with the 2 extra cassettes at the bottom so it has 4 identical paper trays all using A4 plain paper.
    The machine randomly changes sometimes 1 sometimes 2 and sometimes all 4 paper trays to plain paper+ which is heavier stock.
    I change the paper back to A4 Plain in change tray settings and its ok for sometimes a few minutes sometimes a few hours and sometimes for a few days.
    Then randomly the mc wont print because driver is set to print to plain paper and when you go into control panel its changed 1 2 0r 3 0r 4 trays to plain paper +
    I have watched it carefully and it can change anytime if you change functions and scan to e mail then go back into copy mode they have changed.
    Sometimes if you wake up from sleep mode its changed other times if you open the tray and close it it changes.
    It also shows a question mark in the paper tray icon on the screen when it has changed instead of saying A4 it shows a question mark
    the Firmware is at the latest level N4.
    I have exactly the same machine at the side of this and I have changed the paper trays over ruling that out
    I have been through all the settings in the paper tray settings on both machines comparing they are set the same to auto detect paper size etc and they are both the same but one machine is fine and the other has this issue

Please any suggestions welcome

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Bizhub c550 paper trays changing

Re: Bizhub c550 paper trays changing

Quote Originally Posted by tekkie View Post
    Hi Guys help appreciate. I have a Bizhub c550 that has a strange fault .It is configured with the 2 extra cassettes at the bottom so it has 4 identical paper trays all using A4 plain paper.
    The machine randomly changes sometimes 1 sometimes 2 and sometimes all 4 paper trays to plain paper+ which is heavier stock.
    I change the paper back to A4 Plain in change tray settings and its ok for sometimes a few minutes sometimes a few hours and sometimes for a few days.
    Then randomly the mc wont print because driver is set to print to plain paper and when you go into control panel its changed 1 2 0r 3 0r 4 trays to plain paper +
    I have watched it carefully and it can change anytime if you change functions and scan to e mail then go back into copy mode they have changed.
    Sometimes if you wake up from sleep mode its changed other times if you open the tray and close it it changes.
    It also shows a question mark in the paper tray icon on the screen when it has changed instead of saying A4 it shows a question mark
    the Firmware is at the latest level N4.
    I have exactly the same machine at the side of this and I have changed the paper trays over ruling that out
    I have been through all the settings in the paper tray settings on both machines comparing they are set the same to auto detect paper size etc and they are both the same but one machine is fine and the other has this issue

Please any suggestions welcome
    If you are talking about a C550i here is fix Solution- Select OFF for [Paper type auto detection settings][Administrator] - > [System Settings] - > [Paper type auto detection settings]

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Markks View Post
    If you are talking about a C550i here is fix Solution- Select OFF for [Paper type auto detection settings][Administrator] - > [System Settings] - > [Paper type auto detection settings]
    Thanks for the suggestion I am going back to site later today will let you know
    I also had advice to set the paper weight media sensor up in service mode its a simple adjustment to set it up with paper present and without paper but it needs a jig that you place on in p feed prior to reg for the paper present
    Its in service mode in s.man but I have no idea where to get this jig from

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tekkie View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion I am going back to site later today will let you know
    I also had advice to set the paper weight media sensor up in service mode its a simple adjustment to set it up with paper present and without paper but it needs a jig that you place on in p feed prior to reg for the paper present
    Its in service mode in s.man but I have no idea where to get this jig from
    It comes with the IM-102 when purchased as an add-on option. I checked in the IM-102 Parts manual and it shows the jig in the parts breakdown, but it does not have a part number associated with it. It looks like it can't be purchased separately. I know if enough people request something, KM will sometimes start to offer the item that is being requested. It has happened a few times in the past.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    It comes with the IM-102 when purchased as an add-on option. I checked in the IM-102 Parts manual and it shows the jig in the parts breakdown, but it does not have a part number associated with it. It looks like it can't be purchased separately. I know if enough people request something, KM will sometimes start to offer the item that is being requested. It has happened a few times in the past.
    Try this:
    AC8XR70111 Adjustment jig
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Try this:
    AC8XR70111 Adjustment jig
    Nice find. I looked for a parts bulletin on that but didn't see anything, and it wasn't in the standard parts manual.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Bizhub c550 paper trays changing

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    Nice find. I looked for a parts bulletin on that but didn't see anything, and it wasn't in the standard parts manual.
    Nevermind, thanks for your help.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Markks View Post
    Thanks very much for the help there yes i SWITCHED THAT OFF AND IT WORKED THANKS AGAIN