Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Technician

Re: Bizhub C300i will not scan after upgrade to windows 11

Hi, All

Regarding Dip 162,118

If DipSW 162 bit 1 is enabled, SMB Security Signature Setting is masked (not visible).
    DipSW No.162 (bit1)
    Supporting SMBv2 for SMB client.
    0x00: enable (Default)
    0x02: disable; only SMB1.0 is supported

To execute the automatic Forward TX (via SMB) by using DNS default domain name under both SMB2.0 and the external server (AD Authentication) environment. (bit2)
    Software SWNo. 118 0x00: Disable (default)
    Software SWNo. 118 0x04: Enable (execute the automatic Forward TX (via SMB) by using DNS default domain name)

There are many factors in the SMB Scan problem this method may not work. Several methods should be tried by checking the Network Error Code.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts KMFLT3CH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    Customer upgraded their Windows 10 computer to Windows 11 and now their Bizhub C300i will no longer scan to their computer. Can not find the issue and hoping someone has a solution to this. Passwords have not changed, scan folders have not changed. They have another Windows 10 computer (different folder) and it scan fine to that one just not the Windows 11 computer.

Thanks

What's the network error code you are getting when scanning to the W11 PC? That can narrow it down for us. You may need to enable this setting: Utility > login as Admin > Maintenance > enable Network Error Code Display Setting

Try to scan again, after the job errors out go to the job history log, find the scan job under the history tab and select it then tap details. There should be a long error code.. post it here.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Change the Path from Name to IP. Something with DNS not working correct maybe.
    I have it several times...

greeting

Technician

Would you happen to have instructions for home edition? I just installed a Canon and cannot get it to scan to folder with smb. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    1. Request to use SMB2.0 on this product series.DipSW to change support SMB versions for the SMB client functions.DipSW No.219 (bit 2)Software SW No.219 0x00: SMB1.0/2.0 are available. (default) Software SW No.219 0x04: Only SMB2.0 is available.

that was with the 4 series and the 8 series IIRC
    pretty sure i series too it just wasnt documented in the manuals i have for a couple of them.

also make sure their version of window$11 isnt the "Home" version, home version of anything makes scanning miserable.

This Might Help

Windows 11 SMB.pdf

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub C300i will not scan after upgrade to windows 11

im afraid that wont help as it refers to smb printing not scanning.
    best bet open file explorer and type in \\127.0.0.1 and see what folders are shared on crap home edition and point the scans to whatever folder shows up.
    create a scan user too and add them to permissions to the folder to read/write as well.
    any experience with W11 ive had were all less than satisfactory and home edition makes it worse.
    sorry i cant be of more help but that doc is not for scanning.
    nice to see you trying to help though.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeniferden View Post
    About your scanning hiccup, here's a thought. Sometimes, upgrading to a new OS can mess with drivers. Have you checked if there are updated drivers available for the Bizhub C300i that are specifically designed for Windows 11? That might just be the magic solution to get your scanning back on track. And here's a nifty tech tip for you if you ever find yourself in need of a Windows OS key for your setup, there are websites where you can snag one.
    Common... how stupid we can be to learn from bot 😅
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.