Technician
    Compatibility of toners

Compatibility of toners

There are times when it is difficult to find the toner corresponding to the printer model on the market.
    One technician said that there is an official Konica Minolta table with toner compatibility.
    Does anyone know if it's true?
    If there is, can you please fix it.

Compliments,

Paul.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Compatibility of toners

Re: Compatibility of toners

I looked and didn't see anything on the K/M dealer website. Don't recall ever seeing anything like that. Many kon/min toners are interchangeable as was proven during last years toner shortage. Best bet would be to ask about a specific toner and most likely some one on this forum has tried swapping with another models toner. Problem with the newer models is they have a chip so if refilling a used toner with toner from another model it will not reset the toner levels or if message is already on display.

Technician
    Compatibility of toners

Thank you copyman .

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

The only way to know for sure is to look as the MSD sheets. If they match then you can use it. The level can be reset to 100% in service mode bypassing the need for a new chip. E (the reset is available for 8 and I series).
    Last edited by emujo2; 03-22-2023 at 02:10 PM.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    The only way to know for sure is to look as the MSD sheets. If they match then you can use it. The level can be reset to 100% in service mode bypassing the need for a new chip. E (the reset is available for 8 and I series).
    +1 to that
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Compatibility of toners

Search this site, someone has posted a list. but be aware it is with toners needed for there purpose. But I have done as mentioned above and matched ingredients. Good luck!

Technician

Hello

TN321 / TN-322 / TN-221 - they are the same

TN-515 / TN-512 / TN-324 / TN-514 / TN-513 / TN-325 - they are the same

Toner chip, so far i tested TN-328, the chip for all colors is the same of DR-512K

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Compatibility of toners

I have found, during the shortage the last couple of years, that I can use many of the toners in different models, as long as a) they physically fit in the spot and b) you change the chip corresponding to that model. However, not all toner chips can be changed and some are so physically embedded in the plastic that prying them off destroys that area enough where mounting a new chip is impossible. I've also swapped out the entire top of the cartridge, but have to leave the old chip on, and tell the customer what you're doing, so they don't constantly think they're (actually) out of toner.

However, since the machine DOES rely on having physical toner in the hopper for it to operate, this won't stop the machine from using it, and keep running.

Hope that all made sense!
    OC