Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Changing fuser sleeve 454e

Hi there uys hope all is well. I've changed two fusers out in leas than a year for the same issues the sleeves end uo getting scratched /marks and then putting marks on prints and we are unable to get proper prints so have to change the whole units.
    I've seen the sleeves on sale online but can't seem to get a video on how to change it out.
    Anyone can assist with this.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Changing fuser sleeve 454e

Re: Changing fuser sleeve 454e

Quote Originally Posted by positiveg View Post
    Hi there uys hope all is well. I've changed two fusers out in leas than a year for the same issues the sleeves end uo getting scratched /marks and then putting marks on prints and we are unable to get proper prints so have to change the whole units.
    I've seen the sleeves on sale online but can't seem to get a video on how to change it out.
    Anyone can assist with this.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
    What is customer running that is damaging the belt? Perhaps running thick stock without changing the setting to thick which slows the fuser speed down? Has to be something causing damage because many times those fusers can run beyond their rated life!

I rebuild the "4" series fusers all the time. There are no instructions or videos I know of. You have to take side plates off, remove lamp, fuser roller then belt. First time I did it took pictures and laid everything out in order it was removed. Replace the 4 small bearings when rebuilding (these bearings make the squeaking noise when machine is sitting idle). Also leave the paper on belt until you have unit back together or it will get scratched when re-assembling.