Technician

Mifare tag or badge how do I setup passwors?

I am supposed to install a KM with a card reader omikey 5427 I have the card reader and the tags with Mifare. I can install and program the cardreader, but how to I setup the tags!?

You are supposed to to use the tag on the copier and then type your password, but i can not find how to set pass on the tag. We are using printix.

I have google but I can on find cardreader setup not the tag.

I was thinking a program on my pc show the tag and program the tag!?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Mifare tag or badge how do I setup passwors?

The configuration you are trying to figure out on your own is what KM and printX make $100,000s every year in professional services. There is a reason why this very smart group is paid big bucks to get this working. In this case you are really getting the level of knowledge you are paying for..BTW printX is not officially supported by KM..I just billed over 1K to have my tech go out and work with this 3rd party vendor and they had long term problems with the card readers. E

Technician

Smile Re: Mifare tag or badge how do I setup passwors?

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    The configuration you are trying to figure out on your own is what KM and printX make $100,000s every year in professional services. There is a reason why this very smart group is paid big bucks to get this working. In this case you are really getting the level of knowledge you are paying for..BTW printX is not officially supported by KM..I just billed over 1K to have my tech go out and work with this 3rd party vendor and they had long term problems with the card readers. E
    Actually it was quite easy, as it turns out you can do it in printix, no need for 3rd party setup.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cube10025@gmail.com View Post
    Actually it was quite easy, as it turns out you can do it in printix, no need for 3rd party setup.
    Could you elaborate a bit how do you do that?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Could you elaborate a bit how do you do that?
    There is no password. We have another client ho uses card for doors and printer, and they need to program the cards, you use a different card reader for that.

Printix badge are just dumb, there is a random code, so just show the card to the printer and you get the number, login to printix and fill in the number and you are done.