Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Konica biz hub c554e movie data link needed question

Re: Konica biz hub c554e movie data link needed question

what model do you need it for, this thread mentions both mono and color so please, what model do you need the movie data for?
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Hi synthohol. thank you.
    well, the machine is the biz hub C554e, but right now, its not necessary unless that's what's keeping the machine from printing and displaying the “preparing user box” and "preparing fax and scan” and wont print.

i understand from advice here and from Hytec, that the movie data shouldn't keep it from printing, it just gives the animation for clearing jams.

thank you for your support. i saw your site link for the firmware and movie data, but not sure i can do it.

have a nice day.

Hello, i was thinking last night how way back a long time ago, i had a customer with the Dreaded Konica Biz Hub 200 C2557 error code. NOOO

and i had never seen that before. the customer had bought the machine used working. when it arrived, it had this code. this was over 16 years ago. egads...

i checked the Intravia book, and called Hytec.
    they told me it needed a new ? NVRAM module and so i had them over night it.
    well, of course that didn't do anything.
    this was back in the Smarka board days. i had some great advice, but one from an amazing tech, which i can look up the name, gave me the procedure to basically change the developer, drum and do the F8 calibration. and reset the OPC and dev counts.

and one reply i remember from a tech, why would they sell you that?!!

so, here i am again, possibly getting the Hytec advice that steers me in the chasing my tail direction.

Happy Friday to all.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Read through the post, looks like a number of things have been replaced, including the HDD. I see that the customer bought the HDD and you installed it. Was the HDD actually new, in a sealed static bag, and do you recall what size it was? I also didn't see it mentioned anywhere that you tried to run the diagnostics, so if you haven't, give that a go.

Turn off the copier, press and HOLD the power button on the control panel and then turn on the main power switch behind the front door. Hold the power button until you see a black dot in the corner (upper right?) of the screen. The copier will go through a number of tests as it boots, with various LEDs going off and on which indicates different stages of booting. If it makes it past that point, you will get to the diagnostics screen where you will need to press the start button. It will go through and test different parts of the machine and give either an OK or NG (No Good) for each item. See what you come up with that.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Hi femaster, ok thank you.
    i will do that. its far away. the customer rep i deal with is a IT, so do you think i can have him do that routine and give me the results?

they furnished me a 320 gb HDD sealed in what looked like a antistatic bag, the label on the thing appearing used from amazon.

remember, the same issues before and after.

i think i had clicked on a ? diagnose HDD prior to replacing, but it didn't seem to do anything in several minutes, so i canceled or rebooted the printer.
    do you thin that did anything?

thank you

Yeah, if it is an IT person, I would hope that they should be able to perform the steps needed to run the diagnostics, as there isn't much to it really. Unfortunately the diagnostics aren't always helpful. I've had machines with strange issues that were very difficult to track down, and the diagnostics reported everything was good. Either way, it's just another tool in the tool bag. I have had it find issues on a couple of occasions, so while it may not always be help, it only takes a few minutes to run so it's worth trying.

If the drive was used, it's possible there could have been some sort of a partition table already on it. I'm not sure how the copier would react to a used drive with data already on it, but one would hope that with running both the physical and logical formats that it would have worked fine afterwards. When running the diagnostics listed above, it will check both the SSD and the HDD in the machine, among many other things, so hopefully that will result in something that might at least help lead us in the right direction.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Hi femaster,
    thank you for the explanation. at this point, i am flustered, I think the customer has given up. i fully expected it to be something like a setting, but who knows?
    yes, i have a hard time thinking that the HDD is only stopping the prints, but copies fine. but if the HDD is responsible for the user
    box and scan and fax and if that needs to be fully functional to print, then i guess so.

i don't see many of these and generally don't have any real experience, much less expertise on the software and user interface.
    but i know like the TiVo HDD for example i dealt with once. research showed that only a couple HDD's would work in it. so i found one close but bought the RED version and it worked.
    so maybe the biz hub is finicky in that aspect as well.

ooh well.

hi femster, I'm trying to attach the uploaded picture of the display panel after the diagnostic routine.
    the left side is full of a lot of "os"s, the right side only has one. but no "ng"'s

do i perceive or assume that this means there's an issue with the things on that side?
    Attached Images Attached Images

sorry, femaster. my spelling is bad

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    hi femster, I'm trying to attach the uploaded picture of the display panel after the diagnostic routine.
    the left side is full of a lot of "os"s, the right side only has one. but no "ng"'s

do i perceive or assume that this means there's an issue with the things on that side?
    It should continue on beyond what is seen in that picture. It may take up to 5 minutes for the HDD testing to complete, but it should continue on and make it to the bottom of the list in the second column. If it froze at that point for an extended period of time, there is a good possibility that there is an issue with the new HDD or maybe the SATA cable to it. The Userbox and Scan/Fax message should eventually go off the screen, usually within a few minutes of the copier booting up. They do rely on the HDD being in a good usable state, so if they never clear, that still sort of points to a HDD or cable issue as well.

I'm not sure how much you want the IT person digging around in there, but if they have a spare SATA cable, maybe they can try temporarily swapping in a different cable and running the diagnostics again. This should help to eliminate the cable as a possibility. Make sure they leave the testing to run for at least 10 minutes, longer if they have the time. It shouldn't take more than 15 minutes at the most, but is usually much short. All of the testing should be completed within that time. If it hangs of the HDD test again, I'd look at yet another HDD replacement.