Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Konica biz hub c554e movie data link needed question

Hi guys, i need to replace the HDD in this. and it also needs the animated movie data file.

i found some old posts here with the link to get the .tar file.

Movie Data File Konica Minolta bizhub C224 and bizhub 363

Re: Movie Data File Konica Minolta bizhub C224 and bizhub 363

Originally Posted by copier tech
    For those that have asked so nicely:

C224, C284, C364 Movie animation:

https://mega.nz/#!sE110BBL!ZF8xPJnyM...6zewL2JoFIUX8I

C224e Series animation:

https://mega.nz/#!tFFymAQI!rDrqlBSwT...8OEcAnDT7t8k7o

Ricoh, Canon, Kyocera Konica Minolta Firmware

this was from a 9/5/2018 thread.

i also googled the file and there is a docplayer.net page that lists the movie data is for the following models 554e, 454e, 284e and 224e.
    but the above link doesn't mention 554e.

the file they list is A61F0Y0-C000-G00-00_1st_movie.exe.

does anyone know if this the file that will work for my situation? and how i might get that if the copytechnet thread link isn't currently valid ?

thank you very much, Jim.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Konica biz hub c554e movie data link needed question

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    Hi guys, i need to replace the HDD in this. and it also needs the animated movie data file.

i found some old posts here with the link to get the .tar file.

Movie Data File Konica Minolta bizhub C224 and bizhub 363

Re: Movie Data File Konica Minolta bizhub C224 and bizhub 363

Originally Posted by copier tech
    For those that have asked so nicely:

C224, C284, C364 Movie animation:

https://mega.nz/#!sE110BBL!ZF8xPJnyM...6zewL2JoFIUX8I

C224e Series animation:

https://mega.nz/#!tFFymAQI!rDrqlBSwT...8OEcAnDT7t8k7o

Ricoh, Canon, Kyocera Konica Minolta Firmware

this was from a 9/5/2018 thread.

i also googled the file and there is a docplayer.net page that lists the movie data is for the following models 554e, 454e, 284e and 224e.
    but the above link doesn't mention 554e.

the file they list is A61F0Y0-C000-G00-00_1st_movie.exe.

does anyone know if this the file that will work for my situation? and how i might get that if the copytechnet thread link isn't currently valid ?

thank you very much, Jim.
    I would put in a SSD if you have to replace the hard drive. You can get them on amazon pretty cheap. SSD's is all I put in any of my machines all you have to do is make sure its larger than your current hard drive. Most Konica's use a 328g so I've been replacing them with 500g SSD. As far as the movie data goes the machine will work fine without it. The only thing the movie data is for is to show you how to pull out a jam with a step by step on control panel

Hey markks sweet home. thanks man. you know, i thought that should be the case. yesterday i called hytec and they told me, don't use a SSD, and nothing larger than the 320g.
    i just don't know that much these days about all the newer stuff coming out. its just mind boggling.

since i don't have anything that small in the platter HDD anymore, i quoted the customer on the hytec part. since this guy does their IT, he said he'd just get one. so, at least i know i can actually go that route in the future.

i had both a HDD and a SSD when i went out there to do the logical, and wish now i would have at least tried one i had.

shoot. i tell ya. apparently things have changed a lot. i see so many different boxes, and my mind is just trying to keep up now. i don't seem to see enough of a particular line to shine in that section other than the mechanical end. which isn't what it used to be.

thank you. I'll let you know if i stumble with the reboot.
    have a great weekend my friend.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Markks View Post
    I would put in a SSD if you have to replace the hard drive. You can get them on amazon pretty cheap. SSD's is all I put in any of my machines all you have to do is make sure its larger than your current hard drive. Most Konica's use a 328g so I've been replacing them with 500g SSD. As far as the movie data goes the machine will work fine without it. The only thing the movie data is for is to show you how to pull out a jam with a step by step on control panel
    Markks I have a question. What about an i series. Most of them already come with SSD and you can't replace failed just like that with off the shelf SSD. I know about diagnostic tool and partitioning but when they fail permanently what else can be done for machine out of warranty?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Markks I have a question. What about an i series. Most of them already come with SSD and you can't replace failed just like that with off the shelf SSD. I know about diagnostic tool and partitioning but when they fail permanently what else can be done for machine out of warranty?
    I've never tried an off the shelf SSD but you you might be able to put one in and boot straight into service mode and try a logical format then a physical . The only partitioning I'm aware of is formatting the CPU

customer wanted to order the HDD. i installed it and did the physical and logical formats. same thing. copies, but wont print.
    display still says "preparing user box" and "preparing fax and scan"

it wont do an internal print like config page, just freezes when you hit that tab.
    this all seemed to happen when a new compatible toner was showing empty, and also after a noisy developer unit replaced.
    the machine CRUM chip contacts on the machine side were down and not contacting the CRUM.
    the contact was replaced, and it recognized a full toner now.

but still no print. the IP web console works fine, sees the machine and the parameters.
    CMD run command ping of the IP address is good.

Hytec tech support said it still sounds like a bad HDD or SATA cable and to try another. otherwise the MFP board, or firmware, or SSD reformat,
    but would need to have experience with that and good luck getting the firmware.
    i see synthohol has a link for it though.

if anyone has any thoughts i would love it.

have a nice day.

Silly question I know but does HDD shows as Installed in System 2?
    Do you install movie data/animation guide, in case you're not it would also asks for them when you hit ! mark on display.
    I'm all in to try to help it is just the distance 5-6-7k miles away
    As for files you will receive anything you need from me or Synthohol or anyone else care to help.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Hi tsbservice, thank you for your reply and offer.
    i really appreciate it.

yes, the HDD is showing installed.
    last week when Hytec told me to hit off or uninstall, it just reboots with a message to ? reformat ? ssd or something. but it wouldn't come to ready.

that's when hytec i thought seemed surprised like it should still boot.

and i thought a half hour drive into the city was far for this box. you are far. unless your like Rupert Murdock and just fly in.

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post

and i thought a half hour drive into the city was far for this box. you are far. unless your like Rupert Murdock and just fly in.
    Heh not a magnate just a flying tech for an unworthy customers most of the day. You can set HDD to uninstall and then do format to SSD. It's late here to find correct procedure but I will find it tomorrow.

ok, thank you.

hopefully they will have me back in.
    i was there for hours several days trying and trying to find something in the service mode or print setup.

its calls like this that make me rethink the line of work I'm in. if it would have been closer. and not so expensive to park there.

i really appreciate your advice, input and assistance.

have a very nice evening.