Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    46

    C250i No yellow on rear side of page

    We are struggling with a C250i and I'm hoping someone have any suggestion.
    There is only yellow toner on about 6 cm in the front side fading from front to rear. Also you can no see the steps on the gradation prints like you can se on C,M and K.
    The plack prints are a bit grainy but I don't know if this is related to the Y problem.
    So far we have replaced Y drum, Y developing unit, transfer belt, high voltage board, PH unit, base board, and EXCB.
    The total counter is 48000, OEM toner and the machine is clean inside.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by B0265; 06-28-2023 at 04:37 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C250i No yellow on rear side of page


    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: C250i No yellow on rear side of page

    Quote Originally Posted by B0265 View Post
    C250i No yellow on rear side of page


    We are struggling with a C250i and I'm hoping someone have any suggestion.
    There is only yellow toner on about 6 cm in the front side fading from front to rear. Also you can no see the steps on the gradation prints like you can se on C,M and K.
    The plack prints are a bit grainy but I don't know if this is related to the Y problem.
    So far we have replaced Y drum, Y developing unit, transfer belt, high voltage board, PH unit, base board, and EXCB.
    The total counter is 48000, OEM toner and the machine is clean inside.

    Have you tested the toner supply motor for yellow?

  3. #3
    Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    C250i No yellow on rear side of page

    Synthohol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    4,880
    Rep Power
    214

    Re: C250i No yellow on rear side of page

    was the laser glass cleaned with the wand?
    did this happen before or after some type of service?
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

  4. #4
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: C250i No yellow on rear side of page

    Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    was the laser glass cleaned with the wand?
    did this happen before or after some type of service?
    We have replaced the PH unit twice (two different units).

  5. #5
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: C250i No yellow on rear side of page

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantechman View Post
    Have you tested the toner supply motor for yellow?
    No but the problem remains right after replacing the developing unit, did first test with a unit from another C250i then with a new unit.
    The TCR value is a around 7 so I think the toner supply works.

  6. #6
    RTFM!! 5,000+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    5,358
    Rep Power
    151

    Re: C250i No yellow on rear side of page

    Did you convert a K unit drum or developer to Y? The mag roller is not camming up to the drum on the one side.
    If you use anything but correct DV or DR there are some mods to be done.

    Or something is seriously obstructing the laser path.
    Whatever

  7. #7
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,999
    Rep Power
    342

    Re: C250i No yellow on rear side of page

    I would Remove DV unit and check mag brush. If there is even brush then I would stop machine midcopy solid yellow pattern and check the drum etc. You need to isolate the problem a bit I think.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

    I don't reply to private messages from end users.

  8. #8
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C250i No yellow on rear side of page

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,472
    Rep Power
    180

    Re: C250i No yellow on rear side of page

    Quote Originally Posted by B0265 View Post
    We are struggling with a C250i and I'm hoping someone have any suggestion.
    There is only yellow toner on about 6 cm in the front side fading from front to rear. Also you can no see the steps on the gradation prints like you can se on C,M and K.
    The plack prints are a bit grainy but I don't know if this is related to the Y problem.
    So far we have replaced Y drum, Y developing unit, transfer belt, high voltage board, PH unit, base board, and EXCB.
    The total counter is 48000, OEM toner and the machine is clean inside.

    Is the yellow drum & DV unit racked into contact with each other correctly? Looks like they not racked in evenly, check the rear locking arm etc.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk




  9. #9
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: C250i No yellow on rear side of page

    Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Did you convert a K unit drum or developer to Y? The mag roller is not camming up to the drum on the one side.
    If you use anything but correct DV or DR there are some mods to be done.

    Or something is seriously obstructing the laser path.
    No converted units, the problem started with the factory installed units and we have only used OEM parts during the trouble shooting.
    It looks like something might obstruct the laser path but I can't see what that might be.
    Since we have tried with two other PH units it's not in the unit or on the slit glass.
    Last edited by B0265; 06-29-2023 at 10:42 AM.

  10. #10
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: C250i No yellow on rear side of page

    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I would Remove DV unit and check mag brush. If there is even brush then I would stop machine midcopy solid yellow pattern and check the drum etc. You need to isolate the problem a bit I think.
    The coating on the developing roller looks fine, it's even all over the surface.
    I have never stopped the machine during printing and tried to pull out a color drum when the 1st transfer roller is in the down position, can this be done without any damage?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here