Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    3

    HDD Replacement - Used c754e Machines

    Good afternoon! I am new to the website, but I wanted to reach out and pick some brains. I primarily work on KM production units but I have 4x c754e's coming my way free of charge. My plan is to turn 2 of them into my internal print units (invoices, letters, giveaway flyers, etc..). The problem is they all had the hard drives removed by the previous owner for secuirty concerns... I am not very well versed in walk up machines so any help is greatly appreciated. Does anyone have any tips or advice on how I can turn these machines around and get them working? My goal is to give atleast 2 away to some local nonprofits or something here locally and I want them to be plug in ready by the time I give them out.

    One of the codes that was sent to me was: C-FA14 - Other than that, I don't know much yet. I am receiving them on 8/4.

    I have been scouring the forums reading up on what others have done, but I didn't see anything that might directly relate to my problem. If I missed it please let me know!

    Thank you all for your help.

  2. #2
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    HDD Replacement - Used c754e Machines


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    3,855
    Rep Power
    133

    Re: HDD Replacement - Used c754e Machines

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyTPK View Post
    Good afternoon! I am new to the website, but I wanted to reach out and pick some brains. I primarily work on KM production units but I have 4x c754e's coming my way free of charge. My plan is to turn 2 of them into my internal print units (invoices, letters, giveaway flyers, etc..). The problem is they all had the hard drives removed by the previous owner for secuirty concerns... I am not very well versed in walk up machines so any help is greatly appreciated. Does anyone have any tips or advice on how I can turn these machines around and get them working? My goal is to give atleast 2 away to some local nonprofits or something here locally and I want them to be plug in ready by the time I give them out.

    One of the codes that was sent to me was: C-FA14 - Other than that, I don't know much yet. I am receiving them on 8/4.

    I have been scouring the forums reading up on what others have done, but I didn't see anything that might directly relate to my problem. If I missed it please let me know!

    Thank you all for your help.
    That trouble code C-FA14 is related to the HDD and once you install HDD's and format you should be good to go. Once you get the machines see if they left the HDD connectors, mounting plates, screws if not you will need them as well. Think the HDD's are 320GB notebook type but someone else will confirm?

  3. #3
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    HDD Replacement - Used c754e Machines

    Elmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    up north
    Posts
    536
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: HDD Replacement - Used c754e Machines

    Usually 250gb but 320gb will work
    I Used To Live To Fix Things Now i Fix Things To Live

  4. #4
    Technician
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: HDD Replacement - Used c754e Machines

    Thank you both for the replies! I found this on Amazon, I'm thinking this is the way to go. It says "notebook" like you said, but take a look.

    320gb drive --> HERE

    Do I need to do anything with firmware or updates once I install? I read in another thread about the "service 2 > format stuff". Do I just follow that?

    Thank you all!

  5. #5
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    A Small City in MI
    Posts
    1,277
    Rep Power
    97

    Re: HDD Replacement - Used c754e Machines

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyTPK View Post
    Thank you both for the replies! I found this on Amazon, I'm thinking this is the way to go. It says "notebook" like you said, but take a look.

    320gb drive --> HERE

    Do I need to do anything with firmware or updates once I install? I read in another thread about the "service 2 > format stuff". Do I just follow that?

    Thank you all!
    Those drives should work just fine.

    As copyman stated, odds are they also removed the mounts and the cables, so most likely you will need to source those as well. It would take a fair bit of extra effort to reinstall the mount into the machine, so I wouldn't count on them being there.

    Once the drives are installed, a quick jump into service mode and a Logical Format should get the machine up and running, barring anything else being wrong with them. Upon boot you will get a message on the screen to call for service as the "Animation Guide Data" is missing. Installing the "Movie Data" on each of the machines will eliminate that. Then install the latest firmware.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

  6. #6
    Junior Member adfgdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Salonica
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: HDD Replacement - Used c754e Machines

    Here are some part codes that you might need,
    just in case you wanna order them!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,572
    Rep Power
    73

    Re: HDD Replacement - Used c754e Machines

    The HDDs are not needed, we have several govt accounts that require the drive to be pulled before install. Once you get the drive in you'll be needing movie data to clear that annoying message. There may be some minor performance issues with scan to email, and the HDD can be used as temp page memory, but it main function is document storage. I would just send them out as is.

  8. #8
    Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    HDD Replacement - Used c754e Machines

    Synthohol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    4,983
    Rep Power
    217

    Re: HDD Replacement - Used c754e Machines

    Scanning and faxing still require the HDD no?
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

  9. #9
    RTFM!! 5,000+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    5,396
    Rep Power
    152

    Re: HDD Replacement - Used c754e Machines

    Quote Originally Posted by adfgdf View Post
    Here are some part codes that you might need,
    just in case you wanna order them!
    Good point. Don't think they would have made the effort to leave the brackets and cables in there. I had to use mirror tape in a couple of occasions.
    Whatever

  10. #10
    SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    HDD Replacement - Used c754e Machines

    blazebusiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    From NY--- live in San Diego , Ca.
    Posts
    1,248
    Rep Power
    51

    Re: HDD Replacement - Used c754e Machines

    Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    Scanning and faxing still require the HDD no?
    Yes, my thoughts exactly. I'm pretty sure he must just be saying that the C754e will work fine without a hdd for Copying and printing.
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 07-20-2023 at 07:37 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here