Technician

Front To Back Registration Frustration!

Hey everyone! I have a new issue that just developed this week. I have just replaced my intermediate transfer belt on my C2060 and now all of my front to back registration is horrendous. Like running off the page level bad. It was fine before the PM kit, but now it's acting as if I did something wrong. From what I can tell after pulling it apart and putting it back together I haven't goofed anything up... I have been going through paper catalog one at a time to make changes, but is there something that I'm missing that I can do? Did I install the belt wrong like a fool?

I have noticed a consistent skew in the top right of all pages. Take a look and maybe you guys will see something I'm missing..

Thank you all!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Front To Back Registration Frustration!

I don't see any samples attached, but I have a few suggestions:
    Make sure there is even tension on the primary transfer belt, front AND back. There is a system of springs and short cables that tension the belt. Those cables can break or come off their guides, or the spring(s) can come unhooked. I would expect you to get yellow toner density errors as well. If the primary transfer belt is not tracking straight, the patches can miss the patch sensors. On machines above 6M, I've seen primary transfer bearings begin to fall apart or seize, producing the same effect with some very strange noises.

Two other things to check:
    1) that the imaging drawer is closing completely. The inside of the drawer front frame must smoothly contact the main body front frame. If you have to crank down the handles to get contact, it may be because the bore of one of the drums fits too tightly onto it's drum shaft. The way to diagnose this is to remove the primary transfer belt and all the drums. Check to see if the drawer closes smoothly, effortlessly (it will). One at a time, try in a single drum unit, and attempt to close the imaging drawer. You'll find the unit that is resisting. Use a rat-tail file to open up the rear drum bore, enough to insert easily. Grease or oil won't help. We've been getting new drums with this defect.
    2) Make sure that the patch sensor housing is making firm spring contact with the primary transfer belt frame. If it's not, see above.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I don't see any samples attached, but I have a few suggestions:
    Make sure there is even tension on the primary transfer belt, front AND back. There is a system of springs and short cables that tension the belt. Those cables can break or come off their guides, or the spring(s) can come unhooked. I would expect you to get yellow toner density errors as well. If the primary transfer belt is not tracking straight, the patches can miss the patch sensors. On machines above 6M, I've seen primary transfer bearings begin to fall apart or seize, producing the same effect with some very strange noises.

Two other things to check:
    1) that the imaging drawer is closing completely. The inside of the drawer front frame must smoothly contact the main body front frame. If you have to crank down the handles to get contact, it may be because the bore of one of the drums fits too tightly onto it's drum shaft. The way to diagnose this is to remove the primary transfer belt and all the drums. Check to see if the drawer closes smoothly, effortlessly (it will). One at a time, try in a single drum unit, and attempt to close the imaging drawer. You'll find the unit that is resisting. Use a rat-tail file to open up the rear drum bore, enough to insert easily. Grease or oil won't help. We've been getting new drums with this defect.
    2) Make sure that the patch sensor housing is making firm spring contact with the primary transfer belt frame. If it's not, see above.

=^..^=

I just had it throw a cyan code, (C-4661) but I also noticed that one side isn't as tight as the other side. I ALSO noticed that the belt itself says c7000 series on it (which should be the right one).. I've checked springs, rollers and anything that moves. I've noticed that when I spin it manually the whole belt is shifted towards the operator side and the metal rollers are creating a small crease because of it not being on as tight.

IMG-4916 - Paper.jpgIMG-4915 - Paper.jpg

Technician

Happy Monday! I think I have it fixed and figured out. It turned out to be one of the white slips that keeps the bearings from sliding up and down had a small crack which made it slide (obviously...) I can't believe something so small can cause such huge issues!

I am 50 pages deep and so far no issues. Thank you for your help!

Grizzly

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyTPK View Post
    Happy Monday! I think I have it fixed and figured out. It turned out to be one of the white slips that keeps the bearings from sliding up and down had a small crack which made it slide (obviously...) I can't believe something so small can cause such huge issues!

I am 50 pages deep and so far no issues. Thank you for your help!

Grizzly
    Congratulations on your success! =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=