Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

C759 won't accept firmware

I have a problem at an account where I'm trying to update the firmware on all of their machines. They have 4 C759s - two of which won't boot up into the USB firmware. The black dot in the corner of the screen doesn't even show up when I boot up holding the stop button. The other two machines updated with no problem using the same USB drive.

The two machines that fail seem to boot up very quickly, as though they're skipping some of the steps - they come up to the three pillars screen in just a few seconds. Any idea what could be causing this?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: C759 won't accept firmware

Do the failed 2 machines ever recognise when you put stick in user mode? There are some cases front usb cable isn't plugged at the main board at the back.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Check in settings if the machine accept usb. I think it was in Admin -> System Settings

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by techsxge View Post
    Check in settings if the machine accept usb. I think it was in Admin -> System Settings
    +1
    Nothing like day after day

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Do the failed 2 machines ever recognise when you put stick in user mode? There are some cases front usb cable isn't plugged at the main board at the back.
    Yes the port works under normal use. But even if there was no USB plugged into it, it should still give the dot in the corner when attempting to boot into firmware mode. This doesn't even get that far.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mascan42 View Post
    Yes the port works under normal use. But even if there was no USB plugged into it, it should still give the dot in the corner when attempting to boot into firmware mode. This doesn't even get that far.
    Try it with front door open and unplug the LAN cable.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.