Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Konica C224e HDD issue! Freezing when installed

Hi all

I went to a C224e recently that the display would freeze after power up. You would see the usual 'Preparing User Box' etc with the control panel amber LED flashing. Then it would just freeze. No buttons would work on the control panel.

I removed the HDD and the machine would get to the point where I could get into service mode and deselect the HDD as not installed, cycle the power and the machine would come ready - no freezing....

So I went back into service mode, set the HDD to installed, powered down the printer, fit a new 320GB (although the one removed was 250GB) HDD, power back on and formatted the HDD. The printer would then freeze! I have then tried another 320gb HDD and a 250GB and the issue remains.

Having had freezing issues before, I decided to replace the SSD PCB. Reflash firmware (M1) but it keeps freezing after power up.

The machine works however with only the 2GB memory DIMM so scanning is an issue due to the size of documents etc. Also, I am unable to access the web interface despite doing a clear all data, making sure PSWC is set to on etc.

I have also run a self diagnostics test and all items pass.....

I am currently in the process of the 'Detail Check' of the memory in state confirmation of service mode. It is currently getting to 90% then starting over and over.. Maybe I miss it getting to 100%, I will keep watching it......

I have a memory dimm on order so will try that and see where I am but if not, I can only assume the MFP board is next?

Has anyone else experienced this?

TIA

Re: Konica C224e HDD issue! Freezing when installed

Quote Originally Posted by jonbonse View Post
    Hi all

I went to a C224e recently that the display would freeze after power up. You would see the usual 'Preparing User Box' etc with the control panel amber LED flashing. Then it would just freeze. No buttons would work on the control panel.

I removed the HDD and the machine would get to the point where I could get into service mode and deselect the HDD as not installed, cycle the power and the machine would come ready - no freezing....

So I went back into service mode, set the HDD to installed, powered down the printer, fit a new 320GB (although the one removed was 250GB) HDD, power back on and formatted the HDD. The printer would then freeze! I have then tried another 320gb HDD and a 250GB and the issue remains.

Having had freezing issues before, I decided to replace the SSD PCB. Reflash firmware (M1) but it keeps freezing after power up.

The machine works however with only the 2GB memory DIMM so scanning is an issue due to the size of documents etc. Also, I am unable to access the web interface despite doing a clear all data, making sure PSWC is set to on etc.

I have also run a self diagnostics test and all items pass.....

I am currently in the process of the 'Detail Check' of the memory in state confirmation of service mode. It is currently getting to 90% then starting over and over.. Maybe I miss it getting to 100%, I will keep watching it......

I have a memory dimm on order so will try that and see where I am but if not, I can only assume the MFP board is next?

Has anyone else experienced this?

TIA

Update: Definately gets to 90% then back to 0% when doing the 'Detail Check' of the Memory....

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonbonse View Post
    Hi all

TIA
    As far as I know the detail check just keeps checking over and over again indefinitely. I've never seen the detail check "finish", so I assume that is the way it should operate.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

I had something similar which never gets fully resolved due customer's happy with workaround and not let me change parts . What if you push 3 hard keys under control panel?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

You might find fitting a NEW HDD will resolve the issue. And it's always worth updating the firmware & function version.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    You might find fitting a NEW HDD will resolve the issue. And it's always worth updating the firmware & function version.

Thanks but already tried 3 drives and redone firmware/function version to the latest which I believe is M1 function v7...

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I had something similar which never gets fully resolved due customer's happy with workaround and not let me change parts . What if you push 3 hard keys under control panel?

Nothing happens 😕 still frozen...

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Just to ask, have you replaced the sata cable as well?
    Thought it would be worth a shot
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    Just to ask, have you replaced the sata cable as well?
    Thought it would be worth a shot
    No but definitely worth a go!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Even though this is not a typical symptome for a dying battery - did you check the voltage of the MFP batttery?

Guess it has nothing to do with it though - you might have a bad S-ATA controller on the MFP board. So perhaps you can get your hands on a donator to swap the MFP board?
    (check the procedure first)