Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician
    c364e suddenly power cycling

Exclamation c364e suddenly power cycling

This machine has been working fine for a long time. This morning I came up to it and it was power cycling - the white bar would start to light up and the screen would show up for a second with the shark fins, then there would be a click, then it would go blank, then a few seconds later it would start turning on again. Rinse and repeat...
    I don't think there have been any power issues and it is connected to a high quality surge protector.

I couldn't find anything similar, but maybe I am not searching for the right thing. Any pointers?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: c364e suddenly power cycling

Replace SSD. Install the firmware.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Check this

When the machine is stuck at any pillar during boot
    -up, always remove all accessories from the main body (DF, Finisher and any optional paper trays)
    1. Understanding the “phases or timing of the boot process” can help us understand where faults may
    be.
    ● Specific boot-up processes take place at each pillar
    ○ First Pillar:
     Machine starts boot cycle and verifies the firmware file.
    ○ Second Pillar:
     Machine memory Check (Standard onboard memory, DIMM, ASIC777,
    ASIC30 EFI, ASIC777 DS board) Scanner moves and initializes, energizes
    scan lights (e and 4 series)
    ○ Third Pillar
     Accesses SSD board
    ○ Fifth pillar
     Total boot process initializes

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yakatz View Post
    This machine has been working fine for a long time. This morning I came up to it and it was power cycling - the white bar would start to light up and the screen would show up for a second with the shark fins, then there would be a click, then it would go blank, then a few seconds later it would start turning on again. Rinse and repeat...
    I don't think there have been any power issues and it is connected to a high quality surge protector.

I couldn't find anything similar, but maybe I am not searching for the right thing. Any pointers?
    try starting with side door open.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Albonline View Post
    try starting with side door open.
    No change.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Check this
    Does this have anything to do with how the front lights light up, i.e. if it shows two lights, that is the second step?
    I tried swapping the RAM just in case, but that didn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    ---It looks like it might have had the original hard drive (not even an SSD). I put in an SSD and put the last firmware I have on a flash drive in the service port - when it tries to start with the flash drive in, the front lights don't turn on at all, it just turns on and off slightly faster than when there is no flash drive plugged in.---
    I just realized that you meant the built-in SSD, not the hard drive. I will need to order one...

I took a video: Shared album - Yehuda Katz - Google Photos
    Last edited by yakatz; 11-14-2023 at 11:51 PM.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I see the service manual says to contact KM about SSD replacement and using the SSD from another machine can cause data loss.

Never use the combination of the used MFP board removed from another machine and the original SSD board. This combinationcauses corruption of stored data.
    Note that the combination of the original MFP board and the used SSD board removed from another machine also causes the
    same problem.
    I am doing this for a nonprofit organization with no service contracts. Any other good way to get the board? Should I not worry about it if I will flash the firmware anyway?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Have you tried booting into Diagnostics? Hold down the power button on the control panel while powering on with rocker switch. If the machine has a somewhat "modern" firmware, and the SSD is any good, it should boot to diagnostics, where you can then press start to test things in the machine.

I'm with tsbservice on this one, it really sounds like the SSD has gone bad. The last time I had to get an SSD for this series of machine, I had to open a service ticket with Konica support and get them to recommend that the SSD be replaced before I could even order one. When ordering, I was required to enter in the support call request number along with the order. Things may have changed now that they are up in age, but for some reason back then, it was like pulling teeth to get them to give up an SSD.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

I don't think there have been any power issues and it is connected to a high quality surge protector…

I’m not familiar with KM machines, so this is just an observation; I got burned by a faulty surge protector during the 2008 Sharp Master tech finals in Florida - the machine had no power, but I didn’t think to bypass the surge protector.
    I don’t think if I had isolated the trouble to the surge protector it would have helped my position, but my wife and I had a wonderful time at Disney World.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    I don't think there have been any power issues and it is connected to a high quality surge protector…

I got burned by a faulty surge protector during the 2008 Sharp Master tech finals...
    I tried that too. When I bent down next to the machine to reach the cord, I heard a high whine that I don't remember hearing in the past, so maybe an issue with the power supply?

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    Have you tried booting into Diagnostics? Hold down the power button on the control panel while powering on with rocker switch. If the machine has a somewhat "modern" firmware, and the SSD is any good, it should boot to diagnostics, where you can then press start to test things in the machine.

I'm with tsbservice on this one, it really sounds like the SSD has gone bad. The last time I had to get an SSD for this series of machine, I had to open a service ticket with Konica support and get them to recommend that the SSD be replaced before I could even order one. When ordering, I was required to enter in the support call request number along with the order. Things may have changed now that they are up in age, but for some reason back then, it was like pulling teeth to get them to give up an SSD.
    I can not get to diagnostics. I found someone on Alibaba who claims to sell the actual part for about $100, but it will probably take a few weeks to get here. I will keep looking around and will update if I find anything else or when the part comes.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yakatz View Post
    I tried that too. When I bent down next to the machine to reach the cord, I heard a high whine that I don't remember hearing in the past, so maybe an issue with the power supply?

I can not get to diagnostics. I found someone on Alibaba who claims to sell the actual part for about $100, but it will probably take a few weeks to get here. I will keep looking around and will update if I find anything else or when the part comes.
    disconnect the hdd. if it starts go to service mode format ssd , if it doesn't start. remove ssd. should go to op panel splash screen and freeze. if it still restarts you have a short somewhere or a bad power supply.