Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    435
    Rep Power
    37

    Biz458e print failure, blue lights flashing

    I'm having an odd issue on 3 machines at the same customer (possibly a 4th at another one) where intermittently, when they send a print job, the machine starts to receive it (blue lights flashing) and the job leaves the PC print queue, but it never shows up in the machine's job list. The lights just continue flashing indefinitely, locking up the print and scan queues, until the machine is rebooted.

    The customer has several of these machines, with only these three having this problem. They've already deleted and reloaded the print drivers, and the machine is still online while this is happening. I've downloaded and compared the management lists of a bad machine and a good one, and there don't appear to be any network settings that are any different.

  2. #2
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Biz458e print failure, blue lights flashing


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    3,796
    Rep Power
    131

    Re: Biz458e print failure, blue lights flashing

    Have you updated F/W? I know you posted they deleted & reloaded driver but did they try a different driver?

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    435
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Biz458e print failure, blue lights flashing

    Firmware is updated to the latest. The customer uses the universal driver for all machines on their network.

  4. #4
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Biz458e print failure, blue lights flashing


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    3,796
    Rep Power
    131

    Re: Biz458e print failure, blue lights flashing

    Quote Originally Posted by mascan42 View Post
    Firmware is updated to the latest. The customer uses the universal driver for all machines on their network.
    I've had some issues with universal driver. Wouldn't hurt to try specific driver for that model.

  5. #5
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,021
    Rep Power
    344

    Re: Biz458e print failure, blue lights flashing

    Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I've had some issues with universal driver. Wouldn't hurt to try specific driver for that model.
    I say +1 to copyman.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

    I don't reply to private messages from end users.

  6. #6
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,096
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: Biz458e print failure, blue lights flashing

    I've only had this when someone was printing a PDF, but didn't have the KM drivers, they were using "windows drivers"
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

  7. #7
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Biz458e print failure, blue lights flashing


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    3,796
    Rep Power
    131

    Re: Biz458e print failure, blue lights flashing

    Also something else came to mind, since you have 3 machines doing same thing if not the driver I would check and make sure sleep mode is off. I know with the 4 series when someone sends print job with machine asleep it can fail to print. Not sure if same problem with 8 series but I always turn off anyway.

  8. #8
    The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    2,511
    Rep Power
    125

    Re: Biz458e print failure, blue lights flashing

    Not sure what happened to Adobe Reader but the latest updates have made it a glitchy piece of garbage. I have had several issues with it the past few months, including lock ups, and have started using Foxit PDF reader instead.
    If using Reader, try the Print As Image feature and see if you get a different result. Try opening the files in another program or a browser and print from there.
    Remove from network and print the same files from a laptop via an ad-hoc network. I generally use the PCL drivers unless they have color critical needs, then I go with the PS version. Throw the files on a USB and print them.


    Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

  9. #9
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Biz458e print failure, blue lights flashing

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,487
    Rep Power
    180

    Re: Biz458e print failure, blue lights flashing

    Quote Originally Posted by mascan42 View Post
    I'm having an odd issue on 3 machines at the same customer (possibly a 4th at another one) where intermittently, when they send a print job, the machine starts to receive it (blue lights flashing) and the job leaves the PC print queue, but it never shows up in the machine's job list. The lights just continue flashing indefinitely, locking up the print and scan queues, until the machine is rebooted.

    The customer has several of these machines, with only these three having this problem. They've already deleted and reloaded the print drivers, and the machine is still online while this is happening. I've downloaded and compared the management lists of a bad machine and a good one, and there don't appear to be any network settings that are any different.
    This is a pretty common issue.

    Update the firmware AND function version then update the drivers & ensure they are printing via IP not WSD.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk




  10. #10
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    435
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Biz458e print failure, blue lights flashing

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    This is a pretty common issue.

    Update the firmware AND function version then update the drivers & ensure they are printing via IP not WSD.
    Done done and done. No change. Also made sure the sleep mode is disabled.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here