Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician
    Bizhub 4700p "Invalid Factory Configuration"

Hi, all.
    We have an epidemy on our hands. 9 or 10 printers of the same model - Bizhub 4700p died with the same problem. It does not recognize the toner cartridges saying "unknown cartridge" and the status is "Invalid Factory Configuration". I think the printer "forgot" which model it is. The printer can print alright from the "26" and "36" menus. The printer is rebranded Lexmark MS/MX series. Can somebody with access to Konica Minolta bulletins check if there is a solution to this problem? At this rate we will loose all 500 printers on the field in a few months. We like the model very much. It's a high volume workhorse whit 1,5 mln pages printed on some of the units with only maintenance needed.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Bizhub 4700p "Invalid Factory Configuration"

This is bug - FW gets corrupted. You will need to contact your local KM support for more information. They want some information about affected machine etc.
    This is ugly situation for your print fleet and I wish I could help more but unfortunately we don't have this printer.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Press and hold OK and X on the control panel for 15 seconds.
    Make sure date and time are correct as well.
    These are older known issues so would be surprised if new boxes had this flaw.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Press and hold OK and X on the control panel for 15 seconds.
    Make sure date and time are correct as well.
    These are older known issues so would be surprised if new boxes had this flaw.

What is the function of OK and X? Never heard of, or I just don't remember...

The problem affects all machines that are rebranded Lexmark - Bizhub 4020/3320/4000p/4700p.
    Personally, I only had to deal with the problem on a Bizhub 4020 machine.

- machine lost date&time and I coudn't set them from panel, so I had to set NTP (time) server through machine web interface
    - machine also lost it's factory config and licences -> https://publications.lexmark.com/med...PORT%20(2).JPG

So I have to use website https://cdp.lexmark.com/service-restore-tool/ to generate fresh config files for my machine.
    You need lexmark style serial number (like: 70156PHH15Z50) from label under front door, and unfortunately an access to this site.

After loading both config files (there are two) to the machine, everything started to work properly.

For those without access to this website, I can generate files - but I need a photo of label with serial number.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by jotunn View Post

The problem affects all machines that are rebranded Lexmark - Bizhub 4020/3320/4000p/4700p.

- machine lost date&time and I coudn't set them from panel, so I had to set NTP (time) server through machine web interface
    - machine also lost it's factory config and licences -> https://publications.lexmark.com/med...PORT%20(2).JPG

So I have to use website https://cdp.lexmark.com/service-restore-tool/ to generate fresh config files for my machine.
    You need lexmark style serial number (like: 70156PHH15Z50) from label under front door, and unfortunately an access to this site.

After loading both config files (there are two) to the machine, everything started to work properly.

For those without access to this website, I can generate files - but I need a photo of label with serial number.

Hi, jotunn

Thanks a lot for helping. Im attaching a picture of a label with the serial number. If this works I will try finding a lexmark account throgh the local dealers of Lexmark
    4700p_invalid.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by fntsy View Post
    Hi, jotunn

Thanks a lot for helping. Im attaching a picture of a label with the serial number. If this works I will try finding a lexmark account throgh the local dealers of Lexmark
    4700p_invalid.jpg
    In the link below, there is full service restore for your machine - including firmware, however firmware upgrade is optional.
    The most important are two small *.zip files - you must upload them in correct order:

Install the files from the zip in the order shown below:
    * Install 82M0727-001.zip
    * Install 82M0712-010.zip
    * Reboot the printer

https://we.tl/t-JuWk0hceel

Oh, information for the "smart guys" - you cannot use these files on your machines. They are generated for a specific machine serial number!
    Last edited by jotunn; 11-29-2023 at 10:31 AM.

Technician

In the link below, there is full service restore for your machine - including firmware, however firmware upgrade is optional.
    The most important are two small *.zip files - you must upload them in correct order:

Install the files from the zip in the order shown below:
    * Install 82M0727-001.zip
    * Install 82M0712-010.zip
    * Reboot the printer

https://we.tl/t-JuWk0hceel

Oh, information for the "smart guys" - you cannot use these files on your machines. They are generated for a specific machine serial number!
    WOW, thanks a lot!!! It worked, that's amazing. Do you drink wiskey?

I'm glad it worked. Instead of whiskey make a small donation for this forum

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

From this bulletin in 2018 : KBA00035943 with this error message: "Non*Printer Manufacturer cartridge, see User's Guide 33.01N"

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    From this bulletin in 2018 : KBA00035943 with this error message: "Non*Printer Manufacturer cartridge, see User's Guide 33.01N"

Unfortunately here in EU region, we can't access documents from US region. However I can imagine that it was something similar to this -> Non‑Lexmark[supply type], see User’s Guide[33.xy] | Lexmark MX710