Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    konica minolta c2557 code  bizhub 658e

Re: konica minolta c2557 code bizhub 658e

Quote Originally Posted by 4Toon View Post
    Not 100% sure without looking at a manual or a mfp of a 4 but if my memory recalls they are basiclly the same as a 808 so it would be the top right board with metal backing comes out as one then a fan assy then you should have access to see the drive. The 654e does not have the wire that goes down the back like the 808 but I do believe that it has the black big screw that needs to be taken out that is located behind the horizontal convince that is screws into the fan assy without a manual that one is easy to struggle with and miss. Make sure the fans connectors get plug into the correct ones there are two that can be swapped around and will cause a error code. (Sadly I know that to be true)

Not using it anymore? As in you are using Non OEM toner now?
    4 toon I am leery of 554b copy lite toner now I guess becuase of this. I will continute to use the 364b black toner in the slower machine but still need to fix this one.. it came in the office and I took the back covers off etc I ordered some parts in particuar the toner add assy so I can narrow it down. as you mentined. hopefully parts will be in on thurs friday and I can see how much more I need to take off to install it.. I see some screws as looking from the front back to the back but I am assuming the whole back needs to come o ff.. just busy on other copiers as the customer has a loaner now so its not top priority but it should be lol

brent

Quote Originally Posted by 4Toon View Post
    ^^^ what he just said. Its on the back of the MFP. Part number for the drive is A55VR70200 called the Bottle Drive Assy in the bottle drive section. looking at the MFP from the back it will be up in the top right of the body. If it spins to slow it will never keep up with a output of toner
    so I had a bummer I ordered the a55vr70200 wrong unit its way bigger
    I should have looked at the parts book I come up with a A9HJR70500 which is a bummer but I just ordered the a9h one right now.. the other one is bigger and not the right one for a 658e so Ill have to wait a little bit till it gets here to check it out

brent

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I will have to look and see where I got that number from sorry about that.

no worries. the units are only like 57 bucks no prob. I just thought I was going c razy which I probably am
    since the toner bottle isnt t urning at all I will replace this unit.. it seems like I have more dissasembly to do to get there though lol

brent

ok wanted to update the problem. so the toner drive assy came in today.. the machine was mostly tore down so I had to dig a little deeper and get to it. replaced te unit. also I see the new gear on that unit has smaller type different fins. so to speak. that was not fun but anyways put it in and all back together. still almost pure white copies but no code. like last time.. so then I unplugged it and tore the front of the machine off and I replaced the front cover/ toner hopper. (I already did this and used a working unit) but it didn't work suposedly. put it all back together. and did a manual toner add. it spun today for the first time. toner level was 0.0 then to 1.9 then a couple toner adds later. it is at a 6.25 now 6.80 black copies are back. so I am not sure if the toner add assy or the toner hopper assy was bad it is all new and I did not have to replace the dv unit for the 4th time even though I have some in stock now. so I think we got it. the only other thing I cant clear is the d3 split line back side. which I will reserach that later.

so thank you everyone!!! I will run this at the office for a couple weeks. to verify it doent take a shat.

just not sure why the toner hopper off a working machine didn't work on this one. I will chuck it and put a new one on that other machine
    something in the hopper it was trying to add toner. but just was noisey it was probably broken 0r some thing stuck inside and I just
    didn't know it. thanks all I love this board

brent

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Congratulations on your success! =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brent View Post
    ok wanted to update the problem. so the toner drive assy came in today.. the machine was mostly tore down so I had to dig a little deeper and get to it. replaced te unit. also I see the new gear on that unit has smaller type different fins. so to speak. that was not fun but anyways put it in and all back together. still almost pure white copies but no code. like last time.. so then I unplugged it and tore the front of the machine off and I replaced the front cover/ toner hopper. (I already did this and used a working unit) but it didn't work suposedly. put it all back together. and did a manual toner add. it spun today for the first time. toner level was 0.0 then to 1.9 then a couple toner adds later. it is at a 6.25 now 6.80 black copies are back. so I am not sure if the toner add assy or the toner hopper assy was bad it is all new and I did not have to replace the dv unit for the 4th time even though I have some in stock now. so I think we got it. the only other thing I cant clear is the d3 split line back side. which I will reserach that later.

so thank you everyone!!! I will run this at the office for a couple weeks. to verify it doent take a shat.

just not sure why the toner hopper off a working machine didn't work on this one. I will chuck it and put a new one on that other machine
    something in the hopper it was trying to add toner. but just was noisey it was probably broken 0r some thing stuck inside and I just
    didn't know it. thanks all I love this board

brent
    Do yourself a large Brent and take the sub hopper apart so you understand whats in it and see if the shaft that runs front to back isnt off its back holder. I still would wager that that was the problem all along. If its off the toner builds up satisfying the level sensor so the machine has no reason to spin the bottle as it thinks its full. Glad to hear the machine is back in order!

Quote Originally Posted by mitchl View Post
    Do yourself a large Brent and take the sub hopper apart so you understand whats in it and see if the shaft that runs front to back isnt off its back holder. I still would wager that that was the problem all along. If its off the toner builds up satisfying the level sensor so the machine has no reason to spin the bottle as it thinks its full. Glad to hear the machine is back in order!
    I would but I took a hammer to it.. just kidding I have it here I will take it apart there must be something in there and im not sure why the take off wouldnt' work.. I probably didn't even need the toner drive motor anyways lol live and learn I guess. thats what I get for overthinking it.. the toner hopper determines when the bottle spins according to some of you guys so I was chasing the wrong dog perhaps.. but for now its fixed thanks

appreciate you all