Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    konica minolta c2557 code  bizhub 658e

konica minolta c2557 code bizhub 658e

weird but I have had 2 back to back days of 2 machines same code. which was the black dv unit. I do use copylite aftermarket toner tn554b
    on these and they are my contarct machines.. was it just timing or? seems wild for sure
    any thoughts on if aftermarket toners cause this malfunction pertaining to the dv u nit? it was a background malfuntion as it was working but throwing a jam
    every once in a while and throwin the code thought?

thanks all

brent

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: konica minolta c2557 code bizhub 658e

What is the drum life? Usually when machine throws the C255x codes it's because an overlife drum caused the developer to dump. So when this happens I always replace the drum and add developer powder to bring level back to 6.5%. On color machines it can be any over life drum but is usually the same color as what developer dumped.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

C2557 is a developer density code, so yes aftermarket toner would be a big factor. It's probably intermittent. Is the toner hopper binding up? It's a common flaw on most of the xx4, xx4e, and xx8 series machines.

If the hopper is feeding toner down properly, I'd switch back to genuine toner. You may need to change the black developing unit.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

thanks black cat. drum life is good. so it must be the shotty toner lol thanks a mill

brent

so I wanted to re address this.. as I had to use a developer unit that was in a different machine used a 368e with oem toner from that machine not the 658
    well it lasted a week.. and I have some more dv units on order. I guess every machine is different because I have a 558e with 700k have only used compatible toner in it since the beginning.. and some like the toner and some don't. I am hoping to get through till next week until the new oem units come in.. I think I just learned why compatible toners are not real good u gh

brent

Quote Originally Posted by brent View Post
    so I wanted to re address this.. as I had to use a developer unit that was in a different machine used a 368e with oem toner from that machine not the 658
    well it lasted a week.. and I have some more dv units on order. I guess every machine is different because I have a 558e with 700k have only used compatible toner in it since the beginning.. and some like the toner and some don't. I am hoping to get through till next week until the new oem units come in.. I think I just learned why compatible toners are not real good u gh

brent
    I personally don't think it's the toner even though I prefer OEM. I would check for not adding toner. Vac out the hopper put toner btl back in and fill hopper in service mode, remove toner and confirm hopper is full, if full now you need to confirm it's adding into dev unit. Run some 11x17 half tones and keep checking the level in state confirmation. If the level drops below 5 then toner is not being added and you have to see why. If the level is already low from depleting the dev unit then try and add toner in service mode to bring level up to 6%+, if it stays low after several cycles adding toner then toners not getting into the dev unit. A lot of times it's that white bushing at front of hopper but I just had a machine not adding toner and found a 1/2" chuck of hard toner that was stopping toner from adding. And customer was using OEM toner!
    I would not put a new DV unit in until I confirmed it's adding toner!
    Last edited by copyman; 12-08-2023 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I personally don't think it's the toner even though I prefer OEM. I would check for not adding toner. Vac out the hopper put toner btl back in and fill hopper in service mode, remove toner and confirm hopper is full, if full now you need to confirm it's adding into dev unit. Run some 11x17 half tones and keep checking the level in state confirmation. If the level drops below 5 then toner is not being added and you have to see why. If the level is already low from depleting the dev unit then try and add toner in service mode to bring level up to 6+, if it stays low after several cycles adding toner then toners not getting into the dev unit. A lot of times it's that white bushing at front of hopper but I just had a machine not adding toner and found a 1/2" chuck of hard toner that was stopping toner from adding. And customer was using OEM toner!
    I would not put a new DV unit in until I confirmed it's adding toner!
    I canít believe I forgot to put the most important thing that I discovered yesterday. When I got there, the toner bottle was half full but it was calling for toner, so I actually put a OEM bottle in and it still was calling for toner when I left I just figure itís going to replenish, but I havenít been there in three days, so Iím hoping it did replenish. Thank you for the information hopefully the information about the toner calling for toner makes more sense now. Thank you.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

When it codes up, remove the relevant toner and open the shutter to the hopper. If itís empty, youíll either have a soiled sensor under the hopper or the paddle in the hopper has come adrift. This stops the bottle from rotating as it thinks the hopperís full when it isnít.

If itís full, you should look at the supply to the dev unit as mentioned in a previous post.

Regards.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tech51 View Post
    When it codes up, remove the relevant toner and open the shutter to the hopper. If itís empty, youíll either have a soiled sensor under the hopper or the paddle in the hopper has come adrift. This stops the bottle from rotating as it thinks the hopperís full when it isnít.

If itís full, you should look at the supply to the dev unit as mentioned in a previous post.

Regards.
    You likely have a rock of hardened toner in toner system causing a blockage. I had it on a C458 on cyan recently. Customer was even using OEM toner. I changed the developing unit and drum (both copylite btw) and the pages looked perfect. Then the problem returned a week later (not printing cyan). So I returned with a bag of developer and removed the toner sub hopper. There I found the gears to be locked up. Turned them manually and they broke free. Problem hasn't returned and it's been well over a month now. Oddly, this machine never threw a code. Seems the 8 series uses a pretty weak toner motor.

Quote Originally Posted by wjurls View Post
    You likely have a rock of hardened toner in toner system causing a blockage. I had it on a C458 on cyan recently. Customer was even using OEM toner. I changed the developing unit and drum (both copylite btw) and the pages looked perfect. Then the problem returned a week later (not printing cyan). So I returned with a bag of developer and removed the toner sub hopper. There I found the gears to be locked up. Turned them manually and they broke free. Problem hasn't returned and it's been well over a month now. Oddly, this machine never threw a code. Seems the 8 series uses a pretty weak toner motor.
    I had the same thing with a C454e. Your post almost sounds identical to mine! Customer also using OEM toner. Hard chunk of toner around 1/2" in size preventing cyan toner from adding.

See my post & chunk of toner picture here:

Operation a success! Stone removed!!!!