Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C308 printing black only

Re: C308 printing black only

I've seen the KMs stop printing (altogether, sometimes) when one (or more) of the drums are at end of life. Had one the other day that would say "ready to copy" and then scan, but do nothing with the job after that. Of course, that was a C-360 (old one) that just needed the Black drum chip replaced and away she went... So, even though your units are set to go past end of life, they could still shut the machine down at some point.
    OC

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    C308 printing black only

Re: C308 printing black only

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Haven't seen this before on 8 series. But think I've read on forums about this but couldn't find it. Customer called and said will print black only. Color drums are at 0% but all consumables / reminders are turned off in enhanced security mode, etc.

Is there a soft switch that needs to be set?

Customer is far away and would like to help them fix this issue over the phone so I can wait until next time there and will bring drums at that point.

Thanks in advance!
    Are they using a Mac or Windows computer. I've seen where Mac's will stop printing when drums reach end of life regardless of the settings of the copier

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Question Re: C308 printing black only

Hello,maybe the driver for the black and white machine is simply installed??Kind regards