Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    Konica C224e - C364e series cyan dv units issue(and P.S. ads and popups on this site)

Re: Konica C224e - C364e series cyan dv units issue(and P.S. ads and popups on this s

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Off-topic

Hi KMFLT3CH. I'm about to follow your advice here, would you confirm those are correct ones and any recommendations for them based on experience, see links.
    TIA

uBlock Origin - Free, open-source ad content blocker.

Privacy Badger

I can confirm the ublock origin link and it has worked very well for me............I haven't tried the privacy badger.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts KMFLT3CH's Avatar

Re: Konica C224e - C364e series cyan dv units issue(and P.S. ads and popups on this s

Yes, those are the exact ones I use on Firefox.

On privacy badger there are a few settings to change if you want to block the youtube video blocking overlay they rolled out when using an ad blocker. It's basically a countdown that says hey, you're using an adblocker, you can watch 3 more videos before we block your access completely. Google the Reddit thread for more info on how to disable that.

On uBlock you can go to settings and Filter Lists to enable/disable certain filters, don't forget to apply changes then update.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Konica C224e - C364e series cyan dv units issue(and P.S. ads and popups on this site)

Wink Re: Konica C224e - C364e series cyan dv units issue(and P.S. ads and popups on this s

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    Nothing new, but this happens infrequently until now. Only posting due to a new trend, have had a huge increase of 4 series machines cyan dv units failing all of a sudden in the last 2 months on these models. Using oem drums and toners of course and not past life. When the dv unit goes bad / depleted, the coronas get full of blue toner. Almost always seems to be the cyan that goes bad.

Gonna try and phase out the remaining 4 series we have in the field and put 8 series or i series units in place instead.

P.S. Copytech site has been a great resource but the popup of ads is so annoying that I find myself using the site less and helping others less than I would like to. I would contribute/donate more $$$ like I've done in the past if that would result in the popup ads being removed. We always had banner ads but that wasn't really a bother like the popup ads.

Anyway, the fix is always - replace the cyan dv unit (and replace oem drum unit which shouldn't ever be run past life) and it is essential to never run the cyan tcr over the 0 level. Better even to reduce that tcr setting to -1 or so, but never increase it. Install the dv512K and swap out the wire and guide and the K DV reset chip will work for the colors.

The long term fix is to vac out the rear airducts, they clog up causing this exact issue.

Bit time consuming to do but it does work.

I also use adblocker, works a treat on here (don't tell admin )
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

been using adblockers for years, hard to beleive people tolerate the number of ads out there these days. Youtube is the worst now, unwatchable without it.

In addition to the mandatory duct vacuuming, I was also running cyan TCR manually set to -2 or -3 which also helps reduce the toner puffing off the dev roller contaminating the drum charge then the machine overcompensating and stripping the dev.

8 series on just works because a pcr just keeps working regardless of contamination, to a point. When both versions are working as designed, the pcr version produces inferior print quality though. I do not like 8 series print quality compared to 4/4e but i guess its a hell of a lot less hassle.