Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    konica minolta c287 copy quality

the drums only have around 40k clicks on them. the problem is copy quality it will turn the gray area on a copy into purples. if that makes sense lol
    lastweek at this copier I was able to run gradation and was able to get the copies back to normal... but the customer called and said its doing it again.
    am I looking at new drums or ? I dont have any sample copies at present time to scan to show. also when I ran test mode halftone patterns the 4 colors came out perfect. just when you print or copy from glass is where I am having the issues.. any thoughts?

thank guys

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: konica minolta c287 copy quality

I would do manual toner add then stabilization plus reset then gradation. Look at tcr values also. Look for errors in service you know all of usual stuff.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brent View Post
    the drums only have around 40k clicks on them. the problem is copy quality it will turn the gray area on a copy into purples. if that makes sense lol
    lastweek at this copier I was able to run gradation and was able to get the copies back to normal... but the customer called and said its doing it again.
    am I looking at new drums or ? I dont have any sample copies at present time to scan to show. also when I ran test mode halftone patterns the 4 colors came out perfect. just when you print or copy from glass is where I am having the issues.. any thoughts?

thank guys
    silly question, but are they OEM drums? or aftermarket? if aftermarket and other suggestions don't work, go OEM

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    silly question, but are they OEM drums? or aftermarket? if aftermarket and other suggestions don't work, go OEM
    All OEM original I am using that copy lite Toner. Maybe I should just start using OEM Toner as well. Do you think I would’ve learned my lesson L O L.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

All OEM original I am using that copy lite Toner. Maybe I should just start using OEM Toner as well. Do you think I would’ve learned my lesson L O L.
    i never use aftermarket toner with these machines - too many print quality issues and you can end up chasing your tail looking for the cause of unusual print quality issues,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    i never use aftermarket toner with these machines - too many print quality issues and you can end up chasing your tail looking for the cause of unusual print quality issues,,,,,
    some machines I get away with it.. the 364e color series seems pretty bulletproof with aftermarket supplies. but I have strickly gone to oem on the 658 558e series machines.. hopefully I can get there today to see whats up thanks!
    brent

thank guys

Could be primary and or secondary transfer that leaves behind a thin layer on the drum or transfer belt that can cause the grey to be off. Had this issue on brand new machines. Grey like to go a bit blueish or it could just be color casting effect due to the light and surrounding colors in the room or other environmental conditions like temp and humidity Light grey is like 80,80,80 CMY in theory only. 80,80,75 can already look blueish.

Light grey is the worst color to match.
    Whatever

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

some machines I get away with it.. the 364e color series seems pretty bulletproof with aftermarket supplies. but I have strickly gone to oem on the 658 558e series machines.. hopefully I can get there today to see whats up thanks!
    brent
    Hey brent, better don't experiment with compatible toners especially on color machines.
    The simple fact you have many mysterious threads here in forum tells a lot I think
    4e series have separate drum/dev while C287 has IUs for CMY and that should tell you something.
    If you want to play the game with compatibles you should be extremely cautious and have very deep knowledge in how they should work and what is acceptable and what not or initial money surplus from lower toners price can be easily converted to a big loss.

I don't want to teach you how you should be doing your own business but give it as advise from tech to tech
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Hey brent, better don't experiment with compatible toners especially on color machines.
    The simple fact you have many mysterious threads here in forum tells a lot I think
    4e series have separate drum/dev while C287 has IUs for CMY and that should tell you something.
    If you want to play the game with compatibles you should be extremely cautious and have very deep knowledge in how they should work and what is acceptable and what not or initial money surplus from lower toners price can be easily converted to a big loss.

I don't want to teach you how you should be doing your own business but give it as advise from tech to tech
    tab I have always appreciated your advice on lots of threads here. I do very well on my business lol as far as toners I am going back all oem
    internal prints are perfect. I do have a void line on magenta. I did the manual toner add in all colors then stabilazer. then I went to image process to gradation adjust and was able to turn that color back again today.. so I am just not sure if I have a few things going on now or what

brent

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

tab I have always appreciated your advice on lots of threads here. I do very well on my business lol as far as toners I am going back all oem
    internal prints are perfect. I do have a void line on magenta. I did the manual toner add in all colors then stabilazer. then I went to image process to gradation adjust and was able to turn that color back again today.. so I am just not sure if I have a few things going on now or what

brent
    Replace belt would like to see a example but sounds like a issue from the belt that can happen on konica and kyocera i have seen this on.