Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Bizhub C227 won't copy or scan, prints fine

Bizhub C227 won't copy or scan, prints fine

hello everyone! and Happy New Year!

this machine has me stumped and i'm hoping someone has seen this fault before! this machine will network print fine, prints counter fine, prints service mode test prints fine, but when you select either copy or scan the display shows "WARMING UP" and the machine will neither copy nor scan as a result - if i have an original on the platen glass when i power it up, i can copy for about 30 seconds while the machine is preparing Scan/Fax (but not from the ADF) after which the display reads "Warming Up" and stays there

thus far i have done the following: check fuser temps in tech mode OK, disconnect ethernet, disable fax card, disable HDD, disconnect both, set energy save to 30 mins, power consumption in sleep mode DISABLED, power save NORMAL, warmup mode in tech rep to 1. perform trouble reset, perform full diagnostic in tech rep all OK, update firmware, check main board memory battery (3.29v), disconnect and re-seat all connectors on main board, clear all data in system 1 initialization, format HDD and reload firmware

no change! still says "warming up" in both COPY & SCAN modes

F/W Ver: A7970Y0-F000-GC7-X8

any ideas? thanks in advance!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C227 won't copy or scan, prints fine

What happens if you remove/disconnect the doc feeder from the copier?

internal prints/network prints are fine

you can copy briefly if you have original on the glass on startup until the scan/fax is fully on
    -that seems to me that everything under the scanner could be fine since it works -though briefly
    -it fails as soon as you try to use the doc feeder

I am not saying it's the doc feeder but it could be how the copier is interacting with the doc feeder