Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Paper draw 3 on C253 missing 'open' button on front and also not opening

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Word Perfect 5 will run on a W11 computer, if you ca find the install disks. Before retiring I had a customer who was a Bankruptcy lawyer that still used.Was faster and easier to use than any version of Word. I also had a Catholic Hospital system, 3 hospitals, that used in in their medical records department. They had a software that interfaced it directly into their HIS main frame.
    Cool!! Who needs the latest and greatest rubbish from MS or Apple???

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    sounds like the tray is stuck up.
    have someone push the drawer in while you hit the release then try to open.
    if you take out trays 1 and 2 can you see the LCT or does the machine have a solid frame bottom, i forget.
    on the back of the lct is an adjustable latch to adjust the horizontal position for it to secure around the pin for tray "in out"
    only thing is sometimes after slamming so many times the tray "set" sensor gets moved and the tray has to be pushed in so it will rise.
    oh, when you adjust the tray stop position, print position changes too, an easy adjustment of print position.
    I was able to get the LCT unstuck. It seems that when I put back the feeder mechanism after changing the rollers, the white armature on the right of the unit got trapped behind the draw frame, which prevented the emergency latch at the back from releasing the draw (it works now after doing a few things that I describe below). See image of the part I am talking about.

White-armature.jpg

So it, and the tray, was not able to move freely.

This was after I tried the steps that were suggested but nothing worked so I removed the tray feed mechanism to see if that would help and it did which is when I realized that the armature had been trapped. The LCT opened and closed easily with a gentle push and I didn't have to slam it.

Next I tried printing from the LCT via the print menu and that's where I discovered some odd behavior.

If there is paper in trays 1 & 2 and also in the LCT, when I chose tray 3 or the LCT in the print menu on my computer screen I get the following messages (see images):

dialgoue-box1.jpg

dialgoue-box2.jpg

dialgoue-box3.jpg

Next, I took out the paper from trays 1 & 2 and then left the print dialogue box on auto and did a test print and it printed out from the LCT!!! So that tray now works although the print dialogue box shows a yellow exclamation mark against LCT. Also, the circuit board at the back of the machine behind the LCT still has the red LED flashing. Any way of resetting that?

A question I have is why can't I choose the LCT from the print dialogue box when printing instead of having to empty out trays 1 & 2 and then letting it print on auto?

Anyway, am well happy that LCT now works and shuts without having to slam it shut!

As a side note, when I opened up the LCT fully I found a spring lying on the metal floor of the unit. See images below (sorry about the first one - its a bit blurry but gives the idea of where it was found):

Spring1.jpg

spring2.jpg

Any idea where that spring is from???

Now all that's left is to get the label button for the front (and to sort out the exclamation marks in the print dialogue menu)!

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Paper draw 3 on C253 missing 'open' button on front and also not opening

the red flashing is fine. when it wont flash it an issue!
    you must add the LCT under option to the print driver
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

spring looks like part# 12
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

the red flashing is fine. when it wont flash it an issue!
    you must add the LCT under option to the print driver
    I got into the configure section and all I did was click on the 'Acquire Device Information' and it seemed to get rid of the exclamation mark against the LCT. Now I can print with paper in all trays from the LCT.

Is there a way of getting rid of the items 'tray 3' and 'tray 4' in the list of trays showing? I don't like them there when there are none of those trays to use.

spring looks like part# 12
    Is that for tray 3? If it is, I looked at that point before putting the feeder mechanism back in and there was a spring there. So a tech prior to me must have not found the spring and replaced it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by judgedredd View Post
    Is that for tray 3? If it is, I looked at that point before putting the feeder mechanism back in and there was a spring there. So a tech prior to me must have not found the spring and replaced it.
    Might even have been there forever. I found one in the bottom of a finisher once.Brand new, just out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Might even have been there forever. I found one in the bottom of a finisher once. Brand new, just out of the box.
    While watching the tech change the feed rollers for the manual bypass tray he dropped a screw so that it went under tray 3. He left it there so I looked for it when I had tray 3 out fully but I couldn't find it anywhere!!! Very strange, as I saw it roll under there myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Look at the lower back of this 3rd tray unit. There is a tiny hole where you can put a very long pin (knitting needle...) to unlock the tray mechanically. It needs some poking to hit the unlock button inside. When the tray is open, you can inspect the mechanism of the paper lift inside so you might see what is wrong. I recall remotely that sometimes one of the gears was cracked or "mooned out"

The sticker on top of the push button is called "Label" and has the #A093 9406 11.

Precision Roller has them in stock. Their #M4707, price USD 9.95
    Konica Minolta A093-9406-11 (A093940611) Push Label, Genuine (M4707)

Hans
    Hans, you mentioned this push label and when looking elsewhere for it, as the place you gave is out of stock, I found one for $1.99 here: A093940611 Label Push A093940600 (but the cost of shipping is awful for such a small piece).

But this looks like an actual label! I have a hole where this 'button' should be (or should there be one??). Is there an actual plastic piece that the label is put on?

Here is what I am talking about:

close-button-area-tray3.jpg

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by judgedredd View Post
    Hans, you mentioned this push label and when looking elsewhere for it, as the place you gave is out of stock, I found one for $1.99 here: A093940611 Label Push A093940600 (but the cost of shipping is awful for such a small piece).

But this looks like an actual label! I have a hole where this 'button' should be (or should there be one??). Is there an actual plastic piece that the label is put on?

Here is what I am talking about:

close-button-area-tray3.jpg
    Should look like this.

Maybe you can print one on heavy Mylar
    I did find a source in the UK. Konica Minolta A093940611, Push Label, PC104, PC106, PC107, PC108- Original