Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Brand new C450i with 3205 jam code

I just installed this machine a week ago and it is constantly jamming on 2 sided prints. Always J-3205. It looks as though the paper is crashing into the gate as it is trying to exit the machine. I ran 125 double sided prints with no problem, then the client runs a few random ones here and there and I had to go back as it jammed. There is a nip, it appears, on the leading edge but every thing i can feel is smooth. I ran through the manual and the sensors work, all motors load checked good so, it says to replace the EXCB. Wanted to see if anyone has more ideas before I order the board.

Re: Brand new C450i with 3205 jam code

Is it only jamming on double sided or single sided as well?
    Have you removed and inspected the switch back section?

If you open the side door and close the duplex/syncro section you can make the door switch and watch the gate operate to see in its moving all the way. The switch back selector gate must be in the middle of the travel distance for single sided if its to much to one side it can cause timing issues. It could also be that there is some issue with the sensor or actuator. If those clear plastic "guide" bits on the exit unit on the door side is not installed correctly the gate can catch against them.
    Whatever

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

We have had several 450i,s that were almost brand new that we tried several things we ended up replacing exit/turn over section to fix it on all of them. KM has really went down hill when it comes to quality control

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

I would replace fusing loop sensor PS2.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

A nip? Maybe something like this.

32-05 On Konica Minolta C300i

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by occus View Post
    A nip? Maybe something like this.

32-05 On Konica Minolta C300i
    It is a bit more exaggerated than that but, it doesn't match up with the ribs on the exit.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Is it only jamming on double sided or single sided as well?
    Have you removed and inspected the switch back section?

If you open the side door and close the duplex/syncro section you can make the door switch and watch the gate operate to see in its moving all the way. The switch back selector gate must be in the middle of the travel distance for single sided if its to much to one side it can cause timing issues. It could also be that there is some issue with the sensor or actuator. If those clear plastic "guide" bits on the exit unit on the door side is not installed correctly the gate can catch against them.
    It is only on double sided printouts. I did remove the exit unit and "adjusted" the solenoid per KM bulletin but, I did not work. I will check the switch back when I get there later today.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Before replacing a board I would try adjusting the fuser transport speed a little and see if that helps.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I have opened a ticket with KM I had this issue in the turnover unit that folds corners/skews/ and jams in the revs unit. I have had over 5 MFP, Provided them all the SSN and said they will pass it along yet have not seen anything about a fix or nothing relating to the revs unit. The fix I have found is to remove the one sep claw closest to the back of the MFP on the REV unit have had no issues with any of the MFP's after doing this. We still have Brand new setups that do the dog earing when setting them up and removing this fixes all that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 4Toon; 02-22-2024 at 05:38 PM.

Technician

Hello. I literally just wrote about this. It's a standard issue with KM dating back to the Bizhub c224e models.
    The problem is with the guide shutter. When the paper is fed for duplex printing, the actuating solenoid does not lower the shutter in time for the paper to start moving towards the upper compartment.

Link to my post

Good luck)