Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

C364e tray 1 not available

Hello, I have a Bizhub C364e on 345k clicks, the printer works properly with other trays (Tray 2 and 3) but it will not work or even show that there is a tray 1 on the machine. I have replaced all sensors and mechanisms associated with the tray including the tray 1 & 2 pickup assembly. I have initialized the machine.

What may I be missing here. I have been at it for 2 days now. Anyone ever had this problem?

Regards,

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: C364e tray 1 not available

Are you sure there isn't paper behind drawer? Although this will usually isolate tray and "SET" it, you have to UNset in service mode. If already UNset then SET tray 1 to disable, turn machine off and back on, then go into service mode and UNset, turn off and on and see if that helps.

Did you look at management list for trouble code history. Maybe this will give you a clue to why tray is not recognized.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Are you sure there isn't paper behind drawer? Although this will usually isolate tray and "SET" it, you have to UNset in service mode. If already UNset then SET tray 1 to disable, turn machine off and back on, then go into service mode and UNset, turn off and on and see if that helps.

Did you look at management list for trouble code history. Maybe this will give you a clue to why tray is not recognized.

Initially that is what I thought, I thought by initializing it then the problem will reappear, enabling me to pin-point the cause. But even after initialization the error does not come back, and the tray is still not there.

I have had issues were a paper is stuck behind the tray and customers end up isolating it, but this is not one of those cases.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

did you go into unit isolation and unset tray 1?
    if not, id start there.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.