Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

Konica to olivetti drums

Perhaps it's been discussed but I can't find the thread now. We have quite a few Olivetti badged Konicas C450i. Lately, I have had difficulty getting the Olivetti Equilevent drum reset chips so I can use the Konica drum in the Olivetti unit. Or is the a way to make Olivetti accept the Konica drum without the chip-swapping business?
    Many thanks.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts elmaligno's Avatar

Re: Konica to olivetti drums

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Perhaps it's been discussed but I can't find the thread now. We have quite a few Olivetti badged Konicas C450i. Lately, I have had difficulty getting the Olivetti Equilevent drum reset chips so I can use the Konica drum in the Olivetti unit. Or is the a way to make Olivetti accept the Konica drum without the chip-swapping business?
    Many thanks.
    Maybe fixing SWITCH 10 x02. This converts any second brand machine into KonicaMinolta, but I have not tried it.
    Field technician since 1994

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elmaligno View Post
    Maybe fixing SWITCH 10 x02. This converts any second brand machine into KonicaMinolta, but I have not tried it.
    That may involve some additional work but it's good idea I think it will work.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    That may involve some additional work but it's good idea I think it will work.
    One thing I know that happens when you change that switch is network settings get deleted. There might be some others as well, but I know network does for sure.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    One thing I know that happens when you change that switch is network settings get deleted. There might be some others as well, but I know network does for sure.
    Yeah on existing machines that's the minor problem plus some software like drivers, etc may show strange behaviour but nothing too dramatic. Overall I would try it case by case starting with simplest like new install. I'm a bit confused because we use Develop brand occasionally and they have no problems to put in them KM parts.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Konica to olivetti drums

Does the Konica drum not work in the Olivetti without swapping chips out? They definitely do on the 4,8 and the lower speed i series (DR316)

You do need to slightly modify the front of the drum unit (or swap the front round from the old drum), otherwise they don't slide in all the way - they hit a nipple on the developer, which can also be removed.
    Last edited by D Colour; 03-06-2024 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Drum code wrong
    Everything that has a beginning, has an end.....

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

Develop and Konica are no problem, Everything is interchangeable. Olivetti is a pain and only on the i series. I never tried the sw as the other Olivetti chipped drums will not be recognised. Unless I change all the chips, Providing it actually works.