Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

The greatest Customers

Hi, there.
    Many times I was thinking about setting up website with greatest customers bugs. Still not ready (of course). But here I can not help myself.

Phone call. No paper source is working (BHC224e). Please Mrs provide photo of display error message -> (1). Ok it is really strange that all 4 paper drawers shows no paper, but paper is set. Even more drawer 2 shows unknown format. Ok Mrs please provide photo of a setted up paper in drawer -> (2). At this point I should check my smart watch if I am getting heart attack if I have smart watch.

Hope all of You will have a nice week!

BR

PS. Not shure if it is right place for such a title... But it will be so funny anyone and everyone to share favorite customer bug story.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (233.2 KB, 30 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (207.5 KB, 34 views)
    I'll never ask if I didn't check user manual, service manual, parts list, BSI/TNI/TAD... web, existing threads.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    The greatest Customers

Re: The greatest Customers

more than a couple times ive had paper still in the ream installed in the tray. like its supposed to unwrap itself like a christmas miracle.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    The greatest Customers

Got a call once on a Saturday morning from TIC, an oil field service company, that an executive was trying to print s report that he needed to take with him to Dallas that night and the MFP wasn't working. When I got there security was waiting to let me in. When I got up to the executive suite the first thing I noticed was that the tandem tray and the letter large capacity tray were out of paper. The secretary who usually filled them before leading on Friday afternoons was not there that Friday but had left a case if paper next to the machine.

Then there is the A3/ Ledger paper in the PC415/6 LCT...

Once had a customer claiming the fax is not receiving, so I sent a fax to the machine and it went thru no problem. Had to drive 200km to load paper.

Then there was a customer that believed that the paper must be loaded by the tech and that was how she under stood the maintenance contract!.
    Whatever

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Recently got call on 458e for some black lines on printed sheets.
    After briefly inspection i see transfer belt cleaning problem and think some caked toner cause it but afterwhile noticed strange "drops" on belt and inside right door...
    I asked the guy if they maybe have any mouse arround and he answerd me with laugh "not just one, many of them".
    Mistery solved

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    The greatest Customers

wow!
    to me thats a biohazard and id tell them to contact their insurance company and the service contract is void.
    i removed half a rat from a 20 bin finisher once. never again
    a machine at a mental hospital someone puked in the 10 bin sorter. i deadlocked the guy in the eyes and asked what his expectations were of my service. "i just thought..." he said. i said 1000 dollars cash or i walk away and was never here.
    i was never there.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    The greatest Customers

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Recently got call on 458e for some black lines on printed sheets.
    After briefly inspection i see transfer belt cleaning problem and think some caked toner cause it but afterwhile noticed strange "drops" on belt and inside right door...
    I asked the guy if they maybe have any mouse arround and he answerd me with laugh "not just one, many of them".
    Mistery solved

Speaking of mice. I have had a few instances in various types of equipment.
    In the days of dial up internet a customer had a mouse get inside one of hie computers and urinate on the modem card. The urine ate through a cdouple of traces on the board. Luckily I was able to repair it with wire wrap wire.

Had the California State Water Agency bring a couple of heavy duty dot matrix printers that had been in storage for a couple of years and wanted us to check them out to see if they were still usable. Both had field mice nesting in =side while in storage. After pressure cleaning them, both worked fine.

Had a Ricoh Aficio 2027 at the Tehachapi State Prison Level 3 reception where trays 3 and 4 were not working. Took the back cover off the paper bank and the order hit me. A mouse had gotten caught in the feed motor timing belt an died. After letting it air out I was able to remove the mouse remains.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

One more... after a c-code... please restart machine "i'cant find the switch..." after 3-4 min ok take out the powercable "not possible, it stucks very hard in the machine" ok please take the other sinde of the cable out of the wall...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The greatest Customers

I have had a customer who complained that refilling of toner on a Ricoh FT 4065 is very complicated and involves a lot of dust and dirt.
    And even though he refilled the toner, the toner indicator still lit up.
    When I got to the customer, I saw that he had filled the new toner into the waste toner container.
    I don't care about who your father is, as long as I'm fishing here, you won't walk on water.