Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Bizhub C300i D073 error

Bizhub C300i D073 error

Long story short. One of our customer was updating all there computers\Internet services etc and the IT company doing this deceided to play Youtube tech and some how did a complete data clear and had also changed the storage board to the micro sd option. I've tried to change it back in the service mode but it will not let me select the storage and remains highlighted on the micro sd option. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Bizhub C300i D073 error

Re: Bizhub C300i D073 error

Quote Originally Posted by scanmc View Post
    Long story short. One of our customer was updating all there computers\Internet services etc and the IT company doing this deceided to play Youtube tech and some how did a complete data clear and had also changed the storage board to the micro sd option. I've tried to change it back in the service mode but it will not let me select the storage and remains highlighted on the micro sd option. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Have you tried to see if you can format it? Maybe you could change it after trying that. I have no other ideas on what to try there, I hope this is a charge call.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

There was ancient firmware where this bug happens. Try to update firmware and set SSD back.
    Besides is there real SSD(NVME) at the back of machine?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Bizhub C300i D073 error

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    There was ancient firmware where this bug happens. Try to update firmware and set SSD back.
    Besides is there real SSD(NVME) at the back of machine?
    I did format the drive while I was there with no luck. I'm sure the fw is pretty old since I don't think it's been updated since the initial install during covid. I'll download the latest fw and hopefully get back over there tomorrow or Monday. I'll keep you posted on this one

Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Bizhub C300i D073 error

Quote Originally Posted by scanmc View Post
    I did format the drive while I was there with no luck. I'm sure the fw is pretty old since I don't think it's been updated since the initial install during covid. I'll download the latest fw and hopefully get back over there tomorrow or Monday. I'll keep you posted on this one

Thanks
    If its running anything function level 2.0 you want to update to function level 2.1 before going to the newest which is function level 2.2. I would update to J-9 which is function level 2.1 after update set sw25 to hex 20 then reboot machine before going to the newest level which is Q9. after updating to Q9 set sw25 to hex 30 and reeboot.
    The machine and type should not of changed but its an easy check while you are loading firmware. Also check boot-rom level with each level of firmware. Boot-rom bulletin attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Bizhub C300i D073 error

Thanks for all the suggestions on this one. After updating the fw I was able to change the mode from SD card back to storage. I don't normally change the CE pw from the default but in this case I'm doing so to keed this customers IT company from causing any further issues. And yes they are getting a bill!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Just make sure to keep a good record of that change. Life sucks when you have to deal with a forgotten password.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    Just make sure to keep a good record of that change. Life sucks when you have to deal with a forgotten password.
    O yeah that's the time when simple password converter rule like last X digits from serial plus 111 or something else could take place.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.