Thread: c3350i

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    c3350i

c3350i

hello group, I have this problem in km c3350i, someone help me, I changen the transfer belt unit, hvps, all adjustment, and still the error WhatsApp Image 2024-03-21 at 10.19.27.jpg

thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: c3350i

Quote Originally Posted by romario View Post
    hello group, I have this problem in km c3350i, someone help me, I changen the transfer belt unit, hvps, all adjustment, and still the error WhatsApp Image 2024-03-21 at 10.19.27.jpg
    what is the life reading on the image units? Did you clean the print head laser slit glasses?
    Last edited by Albonline; 03-21-2024 at 02:03 PM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

if all the images units are in good health (above 10%) then check the level 1 history in service mode - state confirmation - level 1 history.
    they should all be between around 6 to 7%
    there is an issue with these machines running toner through the IU and dumping it into the waste. this looks like that start of that problem.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    c3350i

Quote Originally Posted by copytechtrouble View Post
    if all the images units are in good health (above 10%) then check the level 1 history in service mode - state confirmation - level 1 history.
    they should all be between around 6 to 7%
    there is an issue with these machines running toner through the IU and dumping it into the waste. this looks like that start of that problem.
    Thank you, I decided to change the machine because it was more profitable than changing the 4 image units.

thanks

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Thank you, I decided to change the machine because it was more profitable than changing the 4 image units.
    That's the way but probably not a good one.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

a wise decision. we stopped selling them altogether as they give FAR too much trouble right out of the box.
    fingers crossed the newer 3351i refresh is a better box...

Service Manager
    c3350i

There is a TSB about this... The problem with these machines is that the developer unit area is too narrow. As a result, the auger bores a "hole" through the toner/carrier mix as the toner is replenished causing the toner TDC reading to be off. You need to take out each image unit and tilt/shake them back and fourth to mix the toner/carrier up and get rid of the hole or tunnel through the developer. Then run Stabilize only, and then gradation as many times as necessary to get the 6%-7% rage. If this has gone on too long, the machine will have sucked all of the developer out of the image unit and it will need to be replaced.

Another issue is the machine not detecting new toner containers. Konica Minolta suggests telling the customer to turn the machine off at the main power switch BEFORE replacing the toner cartridges. They believe there is a small arc created at the contacts for the toner container chip when the cartridges are replaced with the machine's power on.

But I agree thoroughly with the above comments... We stopped selling these as well and hopefully they have addressed these issues on the new series. We will see...
    Last edited by Stech2003; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:15 PM.