Technician

Cool Konica C224e MFP Reset Tool

Hi everyone,

I have attended an outsourced job today for a company to a c224e. The request was to reset the admin password to default problem is, I cant get in service mode because the CE password has also been changed and nobody knows it.
    So I said no problem I'll come back tomorrow with the MFP reset tool but problem is I can't find it on Infohub so I'm not sure if its been removed now due to the age of those machines and also with what can be achieved with the mfp reset tool if used incorrectly. So I was wondering if anyone had the tool and could send me a link to it. Would be greatly appreciated if so.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Re: Konica C224e MFP Reset Tool

A Nuclear Bomb to fix a problem that a bullet could resolve...

Try this thread first, this is the proper way to do it. Post the information found when doing the procedure outlined below into that thread and Jotunn will get you the needed unlock code to reset the password to the default.

Konica c224 e can't access service mode
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post

Try this thread first, this is the proper way to do it.
    Thanks for the reply but I did check this post and It doesn't seem to help me in my case as I cant access admin mode or service through trouble reset or any other method as both the admin and ce password are not default. Unless I've missed something specific you was referring to in that thread?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doinbox View Post
    Thanks for the reply but I did check this post and It doesn't seem to help me in my case as I cant access admin mode or service through trouble reset or any other method as both the admin and ce password are not default. Unless I've missed something specific you was referring to in that thread?
    I've updated my original post to bit a bit clearer, but the gist of it is:
    Go into service mode as you normally would. When the password screen pops up, follow step 4 (4. On your input password screen, touch the following keys in this order Stop -> Clear). It will provide you with the MAC address, Serial Number and a password reset code. Post that information into that thread and Jotunn will provide you with the needed unlock code.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post

Try this thread first, this is the proper way to do it. Post the information found when doing the procedure outlined below into that thread and Jotunn will get you the needed unlock code to reset the password to the default.

Ignore me. I missed the stop/c part when at the password screen.