Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts barber782's Avatar

250i Toner, Drum, Dev errors

Hi peeps,

Got a really random one on a 250i. Changed a black drum DR316K due to general wear (no different than usual), then machine displays Unrecognised toners CMYK, Drum Installation error CMYK & Developer Installation error CMYK!
    Put the old drum back in but still same issue. Updated FW, Error reset, trouble reset, check machine type, still the same.
    Checked black drum chip reader and the metal contacts for any deformities. All looks fine.
    Any one had this before?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: 250i Toner, Drum, Dev errors

I know it may sound strange but have you checked with another new OEM drum? Never heard about your situation and would be interested in your findings.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

We have had this problem on a brand new C250i. It had probably been dropped or tilted during transport because we found piles of toner/dev inside the printer. After we have cleaned the interior and fixed a couple of other damages the messages was gone. The printer was delivered to our customer and worked fine for more than one year but then the problem returned. This time we checked and cleaned all the connectors behind the "front lower cover" and this fixed it (hopefully).

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    250i Toner, Drum, Dev errors

Quote Originally Posted by barber782 View Post
    Hi peeps,

Got a really random one on a 250i. Changed a black drum DR316K due to general wear (no different than usual), then machine displays Unrecognised toners CMYK, Drum Installation error CMYK & Developer Installation error CMYK!
    Put the old drum back in but still same issue. Updated FW, Error reset, trouble reset, check machine type, still the same.
    Checked black drum chip reader and the metal contacts for any deformities. All looks fine.
    Any one had this before?

Had this once before.

Take out all the toners & IU's close the front cover then fit back each unit in the order displayed on the screen, this did the trick for us.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk