Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Bizhub c287 - Fans whirring on and off constantly

Hi all

We have recently got a c287 in my Charity's head office. The fans seem to whirr/rev on and off all day, on for 4-5 seconds, off for 9-10 seconds, etc.

Copier company came out and tried something to fix it but didn't. But to be honest I'm not sure the engineer understood what the issue was in the first place.

Can anyone help? Is there a setting I can change or something that will help me explain the issue to the copier engineer(s)?

I've uploaded a video to youtube to try and show you the issue, apologies for the ticking clock.
    Konnica Minolta bizhub c287 fan issue? - YouTube

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Re: Bizhub c287 - Fans whirring on and off constantly

there is barely any sound. can only hear ticks.
    personally id just disable sleep and power save and let the fans run.
    if the fans are that loud maybe they are dirty?
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

The fans are there to cool various parts of the copier as they become hot. Yes, parts of the copier may become hot, even when you are not currently making prints or copies. You should not expect the machine to be completely silent unless it is completely OFF. And if it is completely OFF, there will be warmup time for the machine to become ready to print. If these minor operations of fans are bothering you, you can shorten up the sleep timer so that is sleeps sooner (again requiring warm up).

In review, if the machine is ON it's going to be using the fans, as needed. This is completely normal operation. =^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:01 PM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KonMin287 View Post
    Hi all

We have recently got a c287 in my Charity's head office. The fans seem to whirr/rev on and off all day, on for 4-5 seconds, off for 9-10 seconds, etc.

Copier company came out and tried something to fix it but didn't. But to be honest I'm not sure the engineer understood what the issue was in the first place.

Can anyone help? Is there a setting I can change or something that will help me explain the issue to the copier engineer(s)?

I've uploaded a video to youtube to try and show you the issue, apologies for the ticking clock.
    Konnica Minolta bizhub c287 fan issue? - YouTube
    Are you saying that noise from clip is going on and on nonstop? What if you put machine to sleep via button, will it came again? This doesn't seem to be normal outside of copier really operating i.e making copies, printing.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Are we certain that is a fan in the copier? There seems to be a loud click just prior to each time a fan kicks on. I've never heard any such click sound from any copier prior to a fan kicking on. Maybe it is just a timing coincidence?

I can say that I don't believe I've ever seem a C287 cycle a fan off an on like that, unless it was actively operating.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...