Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Angry Di351f LCC phantom jams on PF-117

Anyone out there ever have any issues with phantom jamming on the PF-117 large capacity bottom trays on the Di251/351 series? I have 2 machines right now, both Di351f's, that intermittently read a misfeed on large jobs, say over 50 copies/prints, the jam counter always counts the jam as an "LCC transport jam." Anyhow, there is never a physical jam, it just appears that the LCC didn't pick up the paper at all, so I'm assuming some sort of timing issue. The feed units have both been completely rebuilt with all new clutches, sensors and rollers with no change in the situation. Small jobs never jam, just the bigger jobs. Anyone have any other thoughts or ideas? Anything would be appreciated!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Di351f LCC phantom jams on PF-117

Oh man I feel your pain...I had one for probably two years that was doing the same thing. I replaced the machine A board, tray A board, every sensor and clutch in that tray, eventually I replaced the whole tray. In all honesty I cannot say what actually fixed it. It was still jamning after I replaced the whole tray. I think if I am not mistaken, I replaced the tray A board again on the tray and for some strange reason it finally stopped.

Yep, it's been a real pain for me.....I may have a spare tray A-board I can swap to see if it makes any difference at all. I think I'll try that before I give up on it and push the customer into a newer machine. Thanks for the reply

Technician 250+ Posts
    I think there was a bulletin about this. Something about adding a few mils to the back right side of the tray to help engage the lift or something like that. I looked in my files but could not find it. I do remember this problem on the desk units. We swapped everything! and finally the whole desk and still had the issue. Only when we put something on the right rear side of the actual desk tray was the problem resolved. Good luck! Sorry I could not find the file, or remember the details better, but look in this direction and I'm sure you will get it. I do remember after our fix the problem was resolved.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

The both rails carrying the tray become loose. All of our PF-117's are suffering from this.

The loose rails cause the lift to sit awkward and/or a little too deep. Just re-tighten the front and rear screws on both the left and right hand rails.

Hans
    Last edited by Hansoon; 07-22-2009 at 06:14 AM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    try loop settings for the lct. also check black patches on door for leds..

Hey thanks for the help guys....I'm gonna give your ideas a try next time I get a chance to mess with one of my trouble machines. Love the forum btw

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I thought about this again. I realized the last thing I did that finally got it working was to replace the board on the PF-119 that the connectors of the pf-117 were plugged into. This finally fixed it.