Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Konica 7035

Technician
    email address PM'ed sir.

Technician
    @mrwho: gejopan626@gmail.com is my email add

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Konica 7035

Sent you an email with the download location 10h ago. Resent it again just now.

Check your spam folder, could be there.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Technician
    @mrwho
    got the files sir. thanks a lot. i'll have it looked by a friend technician. thanks a lot!! I'll post updates later.

Konica 7035

Just a suggestion: Without offense to you or your friend, make sure he's a qualified tech and not some sort of jack-of-all-trades. More than once have I seen people increase their machine's repair expenses tenfold just because they wouldn't call a technician in the first place.
    Make no mistake, the fact that I just handed you the manual doesn't mean you can't screw things even more.
    Take care!
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

Technician
    thanks for the reminder mrwho. My friend works for a company here in my place. Authorized dealer of the brand. He also told me that my unit is a bit old. Anyways, he will come over on the 15th of September. Right now the status of my machine is at F26-2 when i turn it on. when he first checked it he said that my developer needs to be changed. my machine went from f 51-4, f51-2, f26-3 and now f26-2. Any advice for a heads up?

Konica 7035

If you're able to print an internal list (counter list, for example), how does it come out? It comes out fine? With background? Worse than that?
    Mascan42

Ibid

Technician
    sir, the last time he my friend worked on it, it printed the counterlist. it had backgrounds and some faded areas. he told me that f26-2 or 3 would come back. he said he needed to clean the developing unit and i might be needing a new pack of developer. it printed 10 pages or so after the 3 counterlist then now it is in f26-2 again.. I'm not a tech with copiers so i did not touch it.

Konica 7035

Yes, that's the most probable cause.

DESCRIPTION: Background, overtoning, and F26-x codes.

PROBABLE CAUSES:
    1. Overtoned developer. Install fresh developer (PCUA 950252) and run the L-detect adjustment.
    To run the L-detect adjustment, perform the following:
    a. Enter the 36 mode (power the copier ON while pressing the 3 and 6 keys).
    b. Press [1. HV adjustment].
    c. Press [Next] several times until the display reads [HV adj (L detection adj)].
    d. Press [Start].
    e. When the adjustment is complete, the machine will stop and a value is displayed in [RESULT].
    f. If the developer was sampled properly during the L-detect adjustment, the value displayed in [RESULT] will be in the 60-75 range.
    g. If the L-detect adjustment [RESULT] value is outside of the 60-75 range, than the TDS (toner density sensor) should be checked.

2. Failed TDS (toner density sensor). To check the TDS, perform the following:
    a. Remove the IP unit (if an IP unit is installed).
    b. Remove the rear and left rear side cover.
    c. Remove the board cover/D (p/n 26NA73280) for access to the PRDB.
    d. Enter the 36 mode (turn the machine ON, while pressing the 3 and 6 keys).
    e. Select [1. HV adjustment].
    f. Press [NEXT] several times until the display reads [HV adj. (Toner auto supply)].
    g. Locate TP14 (TDS AN) in the middle of the PRDB above CN 25.
    h. Using a voltmeter (20V DC range), place the red meter lead on TP14 and the black meter lead to frame ground.
    i. Press the START button on the control panel.
    j. The analog voltage reading on the volt meter during sampling should be (with properly toned developer) between 1.2 and 2.0VDC. If the voltage reaches 2.0VDC, M4 (toner addition motor) will turn on and add toner. When the toner auto supply adjustment is finished the voltage should read approximately 1.8VDC.
    k. If the voltage reading is not within this range, replace the developer (PCUA 950252), TDS (p/n 26NA88040) and run the l-detect adjustment while monitoring TP14 on the PRDB.

3. Failed write unit (the TCSB monitors dot pattern patches created on the drum and adjusts the laser output for Maximum Power Control). If developer has been replaced, L-detect run, the TDS voltage checks, and the developer is still overtoning (M4 continuously adds toner), replace the write unit (p/n 26NA-6503).
    Note: Check all machine filters to verify they are not clogged. It has been reported that clogged cooling fan filters can cause the adhesive on the write unit glass cleaner to melt, causing smears on the glass. Clean and repair as needed.
    Mascan42

Ibid

Technician
    thanks for the fast response sir. got ur instructions. I will have this message printed and have it read by my friend so that he will have a heads up of what to do and me also having an idea on what and which part of my machine he is gonna need to work on. thanks you very much. If I was i technician of copiers this one is already a great help.i really appreciate you giving time reading and answering my questions. availability of parts is one problem that I am seeing right now.