Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: c6500 toner

Technician

c6500 toner

Hello,

I would like to use toner from c6500 in different copier - c350. Is it possible to refil it ? Is it similar printing technology or will it destroy the c350 copier ?
    I have access to lot of cheap c6500 toners which i want to use in another cheap copier like c350 or similar. I am on low budget so cannot afford to buy c6500 and have to stay with lower model. I maintain all machines myself when it is easy and call tech when things got worst.
    Please give me a hit which copier will be suitable for refilling from c6500 toner bottles.
    Thank you

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    c6500 toner

I think the only people who know about toners and which machines use them are the guys at the toner factory.

What you're talking about is like opening a can of worms - sometimes even machines that look similar use very different kinds of toner (like, for example the 8050 and the C500 - very very similar machines, if you interchange the toners you'll mess things up). So, only the manufacturer truly know if the C6500 and the C350 toners are truly the same or not.

In my opinion, that is a very dangerous experiment, specially if you're on a tight budget, because you seriously risk not only ruining your machine's developer (which, on the C350, means replacing the entire IU for the affected colours) but also, in extreme cases, ruining other machine components in case the developer starts spilling out.

Take care.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    C6500 toner has different electrical and melt properties than c350. NOT the right thing to do. c6500 toner IS the same as C6501 but the bottle is different.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drak View Post
    Hello,

I would like to use toner from c6500 in different copier - c350. Is it possible to refil it ? Is it similar printing technology or will it destroy the c350 copier ?
    I have access to lot of cheap c6500 toners which i want to use in another cheap copier like c350 or similar. I am on low budget so cannot afford to buy c6500 and have to stay with lower model. I maintain all machines myself when it is easy and call tech when things got worst.
    Please give me a hit which copier will be suitable for refilling from c6500 toner bottles.
    Thank you
    Yes please do it, and here is my number for after you do, do it so that I may come and charge ya lots of money to fix it.

Do you put Diesel gas in an unleaded car?
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dljorg View Post
    C6500 toner has different electrical and melt properties than c350. NOT the right thing to do. c6500 toner IS the same as C6501 but the bottle is different.

Uh...pay attention to when the post was first made. This one is over a year old. Likely the guy has taken mr.who's advice and moved on, or has paid someone like RRodgers a bunch of money to fix the stupidity.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Here I leave the lab for your testing supplies!!
    Think about it maybe can work with the project.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Chromatik's Avatar
    Hey man this is your private laboratory !!!!!!!!!!!!

If so all my tests conducted here

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Chromatik's Avatar
    You could send a card !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Problem!