Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: BootUpScreen

Senior Tech 100+ Posts buster68's Avatar

Question BootUpScreen

Anyone had any luck changing the BootUpScreen with the tools provided by KMBS on Knowledgebase?
    One of our dumdass technicians made the mistake of telling a salesrep that the bootupscreen logo can be changed from the KM logo to any other logo....so now its up to me to make it work. Yes, I've already slashed said tech's tires and assigned him to one of our bitchiest customers as punishment.

I've followed the steps in the little guide KM provides but the logo is not even close to being legible when I load it on the copier...I'm trying it out on the C452. Anyone have any idea where I can find the mosel_256_01.plt file for the logo pallet? Maybe thats why I'm having a problem?

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Whats an email account, I can email you the plt file. Yes we have gotten it to work. Our owner liked the picture of him at deer camp drinking beer.

You have to have all the programs to change the picture. It requires Hex Editor Neo to change some of the binary code. Picture can be no larger than 800x480. Kinda a pain in the ass......

I've followed the directions provided by KMBS, the only thing I'm missing is the correct plt file. I've changed the binary code with the Hex Editor Neo and the picture is 800x172. I'm hoping that after I get the plt file from Big Papa everything will work fine.

Thanks for all your help, BP. It works great when you have the correct pallete file.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    If I recall from a training session, the KMBS logo should be native on the copier, simply delete the uploaded file is what I was told for this kind of scenario. Could be wrong, it was never tested to see.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

That is true, just deleting what you have installed does bring back the km logo.

Make sure to reformat your jump drive everytime you change the picture for the boot up screen. Went round and round with why I couldn't get the new picture to load instead of the old one. Formatting each time worked fine.

From Northern Mike

Can I get the Palette from someone?

Mosel_256_01.plt
    email westmike1@hotmail.com

Thanks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I messed with this for a whole day once, Some asshat service tech from a competitor changed the picture on a customers machine when they got booted from service and we picked it up. He thought it would be cool to change the picture to a dude sucking another dudes D**k. Pretty unprofessional in my opinion. But it was funny, He didn't think we knew how to change it back. And to be honest i didn't until i spent a day working on it lol. But the accountant that work there just happened to be gay and got pretty pissed off. As a matter of fact the tech got shit canned and denied unemployment. If I did that to a customer, even if we were being replaced on service he would kick my ass ha ha