Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    blabbittpromo
    It is always in the same place - is that the place that you clean with that long stick - if so, i tried that :O(

blabbittpromo
    that is exactly where the line is and i'm not sure where the LED is located, if it's the part where you have to clean with that long stick with the cleaning pad on the end, i tried that and it didn't work - so i replaced the imaging unit since it was pretty close to end of it's life and it's still there....this is so frustrating....
    thank you

Service Manager 250+ Posts ineo+6501's Avatar
    It sounds like it is definately on the CYAN LED. It is the place that you clean with the long stick, but sometimes the pad needs a good soak with IPA (isopropyl alchohol) to shift the muck.

blabbittpromo
    That was it!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKED!!!!!!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!

No problem.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by ineo+6501 View Post
    It sounds like it is definately on the CYAN LED. It is the place that you clean with the long stick, but sometimes the pad needs a good soak with IPA (isopropyl alchohol) to shift the muck.
    Hi I have the same problem on my Bizhub C500 I cant figure out where to find the Cyan Led, and where do I find that long stick & pad, Can you please help me, thank you

Hello Albert.

Is your machine a bizhub PRO C500? If so this is a very different beast to the C550.
    It does not have a cleaning stick and you need the central Belt/Drum/Dev unit pulling out to get into the likely causes.
    The Production machines are more labour intensive than the office stuff and if you are an end user I wouldn't attempt to fix it yourself if I was you.

Technician
    Hi, yes is a PRO C500 when I print individual colors I get lines on the yellow and magenta same lines on both colors. I have IT background and live in a remote area I am unable to find a technician to help me deal with the problem, can you help me further to fix this line problem. I already purchased a new developer unit for the yellow but still have the line on each page. Thank you

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Are the lines physical lines in colour or white lines through the colour?

If they are coloured lines, do the lines appear from lead edge to trail edge outside of the printed image, or are they contained within the print image?

If you can post a scanned image of the problem, that would be a great help too.

Things to do in the meantime, assuming coloured lines is the problem.

I am assuming you are familiar with the removal of the process unit since you referenced replacing the developer unit.

First thing would be, swap the charge wires for each of the colours, one at a time. For example, you get a line in yellow, swap the yellow charge unit with the black one. Do a halftone test to see if the black now has this problem. Do this for all the affected colours.

If no change, then swap the drum units in the same manner. Keep note of which drum was in which location so you can return them to where they originally came out of if that does not yield any results.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Sirton...after making a valid point about asking a question about a different MFP in an established thread, I'm suprised to see you encouraging this...Emujo