Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Very Poor quality images

Can anybody suggest what to do about the attached images, image units and transfer belt have been changed but as you can see the image is awful.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Does the fuser rollers have wrinkles in them?

Technician
    No fuser rollers are fine

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    There is a printhead FOC on this model. But I dont think all of them went bad at once. What does the demo page look like?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Very Poor quality images

Whats the life on the drums have they been chipped ?

See this lots on drums that are at the end of life. Since the cyan sorta looks ok I'd put that in one of the other slots like the magenta swap the chips round just do a single half-tone just to see if it is the drum or really get known good drum just to rule it out first.

Definitely dev related tho that throws the copy quality off like that would love to know why but a new drum always seem to cure it for us. You could try forcing some toner into the drum from service mode just to see if there's any change.

My theory on the chipped drums is the tcr goes to whack so the machine either has too much toner or too little and eventually sucks the drum dry but I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks as I see this all the time.

Technician
    If CMYK having the same problem, most likely there must be one of the gears had chip off. Please check tranport section and try stopping the machine have way and see if image form on transfer belt is clear.

Technician
    I've attached the Demo so you can see, the IU haven't long been replaced so I can't see that they would be at the end of their life, although saying that if you stop the machine in cycle and check the image on the CMK IU the white lines to show on them, they also show on the Transfer belt if you stop it further on in the cycle. Fuser unit is fine.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Would tend to agree with above posts. Problem is in all 4 color. You have verifed that problem is before first transfer, IU's have been replaced, I would look closer into the drive section. Timing must be off. Broken gear, failing motor, bind in system. Havent seen this before.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Could be something up with the transfer belt. Put a used belt in and see if that corrects the problem.

I tend to disagree with the other posts about a broken gear. I could see that if the lines were parallel to the feed direction, but not a diagonal pattern.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

I ask, did this happen immediately after changing the IUs and transfer belt or a little while later?
    It looks like a situation when developer reduces in the developing possibly due to a failure in the
    biasing system so the remaining developer got fried.
    If this happened a little later, then check the contacts of the HV unit or change the HV unit along with the defective units.
    Otherwise check the machine's main drive.