Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: C6500

Technician

trapps

Apparently for the marks on drum issue, the workaround is to swop one of the other drums in the mc to the black position(which ever one is the problem) and replace the one swopped with a new one.This help with drum lasting a bit longer as they are working on a fix in Japan(drum surface)

random

Fuser

So NO ONE is getting banding from the fuser on heavy stocks?

AusiTech
    No not banding, but i have heard that when doing alot of thick stock SRA3/A3 then SRA4/A4 and back to SRA3/A3 there can be marks caused by the smaller stock on the larger type.

Mybe check the oneway bearings and gears in fuser??

Can you scan an image and attatch it to this post?? I'm only new so i don't know.

Ps. Total copies?

random

Really?

I don't think I have seen one that doesn't do this! I don't have a scan but the image shown pretty much shows what it does. If you imagine the colour on the right hand side of the sheet is supposed to be the colour for the entire page. Page size 450x320 300gsm.

AusiTech

Question

Na Man haven't seen that and I'm sure my customers would have noticed by now.
    You saying that every machine you have is doing this?
    How many machines do you have?
    Fuser rebuild fixes? what do you replace and how long till it comes back?
    Have you checked the one way drive gears?
    Is it only on black?
    Is it exactly the same each copy? Does it do it on normal stock?
    Is it plain bonded 300gsm stock you doing?

Sorry for all the questions... but i thought if i ask them all now might save time.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by random View Post
    I don't think I have seen one that doesn't do this! I don't have a scan but the image shown pretty much shows what it does. If you imagine the colour on the right hand side of the sheet is supposed to be the colour for the entire page. Page size 450x320 300gsm.

Hey random if the color on the right hand side is the color through out the page is the right hand side the lead edge? what color is it suppose to be? did you run test pattern 53 at 130 and 40 for all colors does it produce similar results as your sample?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

random

Perhaps EVERY machine was a bit strong

You saying that every machine you have is doing this?
    How many machines do you have?
    Dozens

Fuser rebuild fixes? what do you replace and how long till it comes back?
    Basically the belt and clean everthing else with IPA. Depending on what the customer is doing you will see it back in a week.

Have you checked the one way drive gears?
    I have replaced the the one way gear ONLY and it has had no effect.

Is it only on black?
    You will see it on any solid halftone

Is it exactly the same each copy?
    Pretty much

Does it do it on normal stock?
    To a lesser extent, worse on heavier stocks

Is it plain bonded 300gsm stock you doing?
    Coated stocks

Hey random if the color on the right hand side is the color through out the page is the right hand side the lead edge? what color is it suppose to be? did you run test pattern 53 at 130 and 40 for all colors does it produce similar results as your sample?
    The left is the lead edge. If you run 53 of each colour or all colours the pattern shown is exactly the same.

Phew, that was exhausting!!

AusiTech
    Wow Random, looks like you're in Sh$t.

I have a few of these machines out there. I have run off literally hundreds of halftones but have never seen it. And I'm sure the customer would have picked it too.
    It just doesn't make sense that when you replace the belt it fixes it? i mean what does the belt do except turn around.... Could it be heat issue?
    It hard to tell unless you look at the original.
    Could you be getting voltage drop? Still doesn't make sense.
    All i can suggest is maybe check more into the fuser drive.
    Hang on... do you work for a dealer? if yes then where do you get you're fuser belts from? are they KM original parts? and one last question, how many copies has it done?

Technician

trapps

I have seen this problem just yesterday, but more obvious on 300g stock.If i run a halftone 100 on magenta/cyan you see it, however on 80g stock not so pronounced.Did a test in showroom m/c exact same problem, just to a lesser extent.Lines are in same area on both cyan/magenta.

random

Damn

I have seen this problem just yesterday
    Thought this might be related to stock as it seem specific to the machines running a particular type. Parts are original KM. At least it's curable eh.

When you try to repair it you will find sticky residue on the upper roller, this is the reason why as far as I am concerned the problem exists. The belt sticks to this roller where it should slip hence the smooth surface. You may not have to replace the belt if you can clean the residue from the inside.