Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    sidekick

Minolta 250 Problem

Hi

I have been recently working on a minolta 250 which has a problem it will scan the paper that needs to be copied but will not go onto the printing stage. It just restarts no error code. Although i am able to print from a computer and also able to print a test page.

Any Help Would Be Great

Thanks

Look for a pinched wire. I went on a like this it was a yellow wire in the back

Yes , also check underneeth your paper bed that is where the paper exits when the machine has no finisher on there are two or more boards with a lot of wires i have had one of those wires pinched.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sidekick View Post
    It just restarts no error code.
    Could you clarify this? When the copier "restarts", does it go through the 'turn on' initialization or just go back to the default display screen? Does it do this immediately or after 30 seconds or whatever the (perhaps) reset timeout is?

Are you scanning from the glass or the ADF? Does the scanner traverse the length of the paper?

Although i am able to print from a computer and also able to print a test page.
    Sounds like the engine is working just fine. My guess is a scanner related problem or a setting such as batch scan or some such is enabled.

....... or something weird like a munged wire as already mentioned by others

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts TonerMonkey's Avatar

Wink 250 engine problem

Quote Originally Posted by sidekick View Post
    Hi

I have been recently working on a minolta 250 which has a problem it will scan the paper that needs to be copied but will not go onto the printing stage. It just restarts no error code. Although i am able to print from a computer and also able to print a test page.

Any Help Would Be Great

Thanks
    Have a look at the drum unit - if the OPC is even slightly worn (usually at the rear side) replace it - the dev unit will last about 250k or so before it needs to be replaced and will start taking out drums well before they're due for replacement.

AusiTech
    I'm sorry TonerMonkey but wouldn't that effect printing too??

My only suggestion would be to sell it as a printer not a copier!(taking the p$ss).