Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Bizhub c351 Network question

I have a bizhub c351 that will not allow me to switch from dhcp to static. The manual button is not listed in the tcp/ip menu. Any ideas? I do have network connection. On DHCP its pulling a 172.17.249.2 ip. I have tried to push all buttons. The printer makes a beep and does not allow me to edit ip/subnet/default gateway. Any help will be appreciated.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeo175 View Post
    I have a bizhub c351 that will not allow me to switch from dhcp to static. The manual button is not listed in the tcp/ip menu. Any ideas? I do have network connection. On DHCP its pulling a 172.17.249.2 ip. I have tried to push all buttons. The printer makes a beep and does not allow me to edit ip/subnet/default gateway. Any help will be appreciated.
    Flash it and/or try doing a trouble rest. ( Don't know if that would helpo biut can't hurt). Hold down the utility key while powering it up. Keep holding till it says trouble reset then touch that and cycle the power.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Technician
    Thanks Will do! I am assuming that the firmware is on the Konica/Minota site. Correct?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Firmware is only available for KM authorized technicians.

You don't happen to have a Fiery on the machine, do you?

Try doing a data clear in service mode, this will reset to defaults and you should be able to change it.

Technician
    How do I perform a data clear? Sorry to be such a newb!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Should be under service mode under either System 1 or System 2. Can't remember exactly where.

Technician
    If all fails put your laptop on the same IP range and log into the web browser with a cross over cable. Log in as administrator and see if you can change the settings under network settings....

Technician
    It will not allow me to connect to it already tried it. There are two NIC's on it. Does the NIC toward the bottom go to the scanner? Does the NIC toward the top go to the network connection?

Technician
    The bottom RJ45 is for the machine NIC. Go to service mode, option board status, set to controller 0, exit and restart. Now try with cross over. I think the top one is with Fiery installed, this way you disable the Fiery and enable the machine NIC.

Technician
    there is no option board status in service mode